PDA

View Full Version : ERR on odometer

jeepgeek
01-29-2009, 05:50 PM
does anyone know what causes the ERR to be where my odometer should be. I had the normal battery die while not in use, it sat for about month or so in the shed with no heat and it got to -15 a few times. when I went to start it the battery was dead, i put on the charger let it sit awhile then it started fine but now i have the ERR and dont know how to get rid of it

any info would be awsome

firefighterjosh
01-30-2009, 08:13 AM
sent you a PM:)

zbrown76
02-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Did you fix this? I am having the same trouble. Mine sat for about 2 weeks in the garage...pretty cold temps during that time. I trickle charged it back to life, everything is fine except for the ERR on odometer.

any ideas?

thanks, Zach

firefighterjosh
03-18-2009, 07:45 PM
Maybe the throttle position sensor?

Check out nyrocatv.com and look at the tech tips. It has the information on how to check

zbrown76
03-18-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the reply. It actually was the ECU. I sent back to dealership and they replaced ECU under warranty. They said it is a common issue on the king quads. The issue is when you charge the battery while still being connected, can zero out the odometer's memory. Obviously they recommend disconnecting the battery any time you trickle charge a low battery.
Zach