PDA

View Full Version : squeaky......

goldfish
12-21-2002, 05:07 PM
When i ride and go over some bumps i can hear something underneath squeaking. Ive narrowed it down to one of the following A-arms or front shocks. If i just sit on it and put a little weight on the front end so the shocks go down its really loud and squeaky, and if i rock it slightly to the sides it squeaks too. Is there some way to fix this? I plan on getting new front shocks sometime soon, would this fix the problem?

Glamis400ex
12-21-2002, 07:40 PM
It may or may not fix it. I've got aftermarker shocks and a arms and mine squeak from time to time.

Glamis

12-21-2002, 08:39 PM
take off the shocks and a arms, then spray some wd40 around the inside where the bolt is, its jus a lil bit of dry dirt in there, the wd40 should stop it, it worked for me

toby400ex
12-21-2002, 10:10 PM
what you need is to grease where your shocks hook up to the a-arms, mine do it but im greasin it up tomorrow.:rolleyes:

phatswinn
12-22-2002, 02:04 PM
grease fixes it, itll go away bye itself eventually though

odie
12-22-2002, 04:11 PM
mine was making noise to,I just took the a arms and shocks off of the wheeler and put new grease in the joints.they were dry.

RideRed04
12-22-2002, 04:47 PM
You dont need to take it apart, I just hit the joints with wd-40 and it went away. The next one I need to do is the steering stem bushing, it sounds like crap, and the wd soaking didnt work, so she is coming apart once it gets warm enugh for me to feel my fingers...lol.

QuadTrix6
12-22-2002, 05:19 PM
mine sqeak too but its comming from the shocks no bg deal

eldoexrider01
12-22-2002, 08:15 PM
i used a hi-temp grease and took the shocks off and lubed up the eye holes for the bolts and took out the lower bushing and got everything lubed up. it worked. my friend uses neverseize

motoxracer690
12-23-2002, 12:50 PM
I did the same.. I found some "sillycone" grease worked great.. As for the steering stem... Man I had a hideous squeek every time I turned the bars... I finally pulled the whole thing apart and gave it a lubin... Now the thing is all over the place. Makes me think I need a steering stabilizer! ;-)~

I am willing to bet you were in the mud and water recently.. That's usualy what causes it.

RideRed04
12-23-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by motoxracer690
I did the same.. I found some "sillycone" grease worked great.. As for the steering stem... Man I had a hideous squeek every time I turned the bars... I finally pulled the whole thing apart and gave it a lubin... Now the thing is all over the place. Makes me think I need a steering stabilizer! ;-)~

I am willing to bet you were in the mud and water recently.. That's usualy what causes it.

Lol, yeah, I know thats what it is from...just got a winner of an idea. Steering stabilizer=$120. Let Jeff pack your bushing with sand for only $50. I'll rebuild it for $25, or send you the kit for $10...hehehehe:D