PDA

View Full Version : just seen this

mod440ex
01-29-2009, 08:06 AM
well i was was watching fox news just a little while ago and i seen something interesting. not real sure how it will help the economy but its nice for us. they are going to use 25 million of the stimulus package to make new atv trails.

dehner47
01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
all across the country? or just in MO??

scuzz
01-29-2009, 08:55 AM
I call BS till there a link in this thread to an actual news story.

:UPDATE:

P. 45: “$25,000,000 is for recreation maintenance, especially for rehabilitation of off-road vehicle routes, and $20,000,000 is for trail maintenance and restoration.” ATV owners, rejoice.

fandl450r
01-29-2009, 09:00 AM
http://www.kxmc.com/getArticle.asp?ArticleId=325442

There may be some truth to this.

scuzz
01-29-2009, 09:10 AM
I bet it's the old carrot and the stick.

"Here's 25 mil for trails...for electric/hybrid quads. Oh, they don't exist yet? That's OK we'll use that money for abortions in 3rd world countries. KTHXBY!"

- Obama Adminsitration

fandl450r
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by scuzz
I bet it's the old carrot and the stick.

"Here's 25 mil for trails...for electric/hybrid quads. Oh, they don't exist yet? That's OK we'll use that money for abortions in 3rd world countries. KTHXBY!"

- Obama Adminsitration '

Look at the link it is slated in the stimulus bill.

scuzz
01-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by fandl450r
'

Look at the link it is slated in the stimulus bill.

Right. That isn't the whole story though. Keep in mind that it's not law yet and can still be changed. It's good news, and I'm honestly not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but I'm a realist and prefer to be surprised then let down.

mod440ex
01-29-2009, 10:18 AM
Right. That isn't the whole story though. Keep in mind that it's not law yet and can still be changed. It's good news, and I'm honestly not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" but I'm a realist and prefer to be surprised then let down.

never thought of it like that, and i know that does happen alot, but i seen it on the news and thought i would post on it. and like i said before i dont understand how it will stimulate the economy:confused:

Scro
01-29-2009, 10:36 AM
I think it's rediculous. Instead of going to petty stuff like trails and STD prevention, why don't they spend the money where it is needed? Or how about this - DON'T SPEND THE MONEY AT ALL!!!

BILLIONS of dollars are slated to go to ACORN, which by the way is about to go on trial for voter fraud! There's no doubt it's a big fat "thank you" check from the Obama administration. It makes me sick to think about it.

scuzz
01-29-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by mod440ex
never thought of it like that, and i know that does happen alot, but i seen it on the news and thought i would post on it. and like i said before i dont understand how it will stimulate the economy:confused:

BTW, please don't take it as me bagging on you; I appreciate you posting this.

mod440ex
01-29-2009, 11:54 AM
BTW, please don't take it as me bagging on you; I appreciate you posting this.

no didnt take it like that at all. lord knows they will find something to spend it on. maybe they are going to use it to make atv drag strips in the ghetto:devil:

416exfreak
01-29-2009, 04:54 PM
no didnt take it like that at all. lord knows they will find something to spend it on. maybe they are going to use it to make atv drag strips in the ghetto:devil:

They dont need a drag strip...

They just use the road. Or in my case, the parking lot of the sports complex...

Seen some bad wrecks go down in that gravel lot.:bandit:

mod440ex
01-30-2009, 03:33 AM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
They dont need a drag strip...

They just use the road. Or in my case, the parking lot of the sports complex...

Seen some bad wrecks go down in that gravel lot.:bandit:

thats why they will build them for em. he is their president:devil: :mad:

hawood
01-30-2009, 10:19 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scro
[B]I think it's rediculous. Instead of going to petty stuff like trails

WTF?

Scro
01-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by hawood
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scro
[B]I think it's rediculous. Instead of going to petty stuff like trails

WTF?

In the grand scheme of things, do you really think nicer trails is going to make a difference in the economy? I think it's good that it's even being considered; but come on, we are in a recession and headed down hill fast.

mod440ex
01-30-2009, 11:54 AM
that was kinda the same point i was making. i told my wife about it and she was like thats good. well its kinda bitter sweet.

reptikes
01-30-2009, 06:44 PM
thats why they will build them for em. he is their president:devil: :mad:

Dude your just an a**hole, plain and simple.

mod440ex
01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
all right thanks man