PDA

View Full Version : Low end power??

GE4x4
01-29-2009, 06:52 AM
I have a chance to get a killer deal on a 09 450X XC. I raced the Outlaw last year and really liked the low end and just torqued through everything when I neeeded it. So I was wondering how good is the low end or how easy is it to get good low end? A pipe might be out of the question as my series has a 96db limit. Also, what upgrades have they done to the 09 over the 08 as I know most didn't have a good year racing the 450 in 08.

ProspectorJim
01-29-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by GE4x4
I have a chance to get a killer deal on a 09 450X XC. I raced the Outlaw last year and really liked the low end and just torqued through everything when I neeeded it. So I was wondering how good is the low end or how easy is it to get good low end? A pipe might be out of the question as my series has a 96db limit. Also, what upgrades have they done to the 09 over the 08 as I know most didn't have a good year racing the 450 in 08.

The fix to the lack of lower end power is usually a pipe and air filter. You could probably just solve it with different sprockets though.

They really didn't change all that much in terms of the overall bike for 09, The clutch seems to have been fixed. Really that was the only major problem there was.

You should definitely pick up the x xc.

crixal
01-29-2009, 09:56 AM
i picked up 4 or 5 over stock on the bottom w/ a pipe & intake. they have a quiet insert, maybe it woud be below 96.

Mr. Big Time
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
the new motoworks pipe is 96db. WORCS changed the db limit this year to 96. I have the new motoworks pipe and it passed. It also gave more torque on the bottom end than the other motoworks pipe did.

WesDS450X
01-29-2009, 03:18 PM
i love my motoworks pipe!! im runnin just 3 mod right meow and im having alot of trouble keeping down the front end drag racing on my 08x lol

atvlover
02-09-2009, 09:54 PM
The 96 db pipe has terrific bottom end power gain. We lost a couple of hp on the top but gained 4 hp up to 8.5k rpm. The race team really likes the new bottom end power.

DGS
02-09-2009, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GE4x4

09 got a new clutch, new gearbox with stronger/bigger gears, new shift drum and slightly different casings. New twin row bearing carrier as well. Other minor changes but those are the important ones...