PDA

View Full Version : Problem with 50 eton

Martyh
01-29-2009, 01:48 AM
Hi i am new to this site and this is my first post.

I was hoping someone might be able to help out with a problem we are having with my sons eton 50. The problem is that one minute it is running fine then the next minute it loses power then it goes again for a few minutes and again loses power,we removed the air cleaner it still did it also checked the fuel flow that was ok someone said maybe it has got dirt in the stator but before i go about removing it i thought i would ask for your input.
Any help would be greately appreciated as i have one very angry 6 year old at the moment.javascript:smilie(':mad:')

01-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Have you cleaned out the carb? Have you checked to see if the plug cap is vibrating off and on? Have you changed your plug? It is possible the stator could be dirty. Just pull off the plastic cover and lightly sand the connectin on fly wheel and pick up and give this a try. Let us know what happens.

EthansDad
02-08-2009, 07:37 PM
define loses power better. is it cutting out, or bogging, or acting like its running out of gas? I'd adgre, start with a spark plug change and make sure the carb is mounted right and not sucking air in places it shouldn't. could also take the carb off and clean/make sure the floats are moving freely and not filling with gas.