PDA

View Full Version : whats my problem???

ihman20
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
i have an 01 warrior that will idel fine but once you start to give it gas it starts to spit and pop. anybody got any ideas thanks

54warrior
01-29-2009, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by ihman20
i have an 01 warrior that will idel fine but once you start to give it gas it starts to spit and pop. anybody got any ideas thanks

First thing I'd do is clean the carb and air filter.

ihman20
01-29-2009, 02:00 PM
i have clean it two or three times. it has its times were it will run fine for a min. but than gose back. do you think it can be the stator breaking down or the coil.

Ogener
01-29-2009, 06:13 PM
do you still have the parking brake on it? If so check that out, sometimes the little leaver thing can move out enough to trip the switch, I would just pull the hood out and pull the wires that hook to that parking brake switch. I cant remember if they need to be left unhooked or plugged into eachother, try it unplugged first and if that doesn't solve it plug them into eachother. All that switch does is put a revlimiter on becuase it thinks the parking brake is engaged. Hope this helps.

54warrior
01-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Ogener
do you still have the parking brake on it? If so check that out, sometimes the little leaver thing can move out enough to trip the switch, I would just pull the hood out and pull the wires that hook to that parking brake switch. I cant remember if they need to be left unhooked or plugged into eachother, try it unplugged first and if that doesn't solve it plug them into eachother. All that switch does is put a revlimiter on becuase it thinks the parking brake is engaged. Hope this helps.

Does a 2001 have the parking brake switch or not? My 1996 model does not.

I'm betting that it might be an electrical issue though, if you have cleaned the carb several times. Get a meter and start testing all the circuits.

ihman20
01-30-2009, 01:54 PM
ok. what wires and connections do i need to start checking first?

Ogener
02-01-2009, 01:00 PM
My 99 had the parking brake switch on the stock pertch. To check for this just trace the wires under the hood, and unplug them. Fire the quad up and see what it does. If that doesnt work, try plugging them into eachother but I dont think you will have to. If just unplugging the parking brake wires under the hood works, throw the switch thing away, there piles of crap.

Ogener
02-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Also I recamend going here, http://yfm350.proboards31.com/index.cgi
, Its not as active as it used to be but its all warriors and raptor 350s so theres some knowledgable people there on the machines.

ihman20
02-01-2009, 06:22 PM
thank you for your help you were right it was the parking brake thanks again you saved me alot of time an money