PDA

View Full Version : xc and mx suspension??

trailrider894
01-28-2009, 08:17 PM
i'm wondering what to do about suspension. i am currently running 450r shocks(with dual rate springs and revalved) on my 400ex. i plan on doing some mx and xc this summer. but i need to find a way to run the same shocks for both. what is the best way to do this??

trailrider894
01-28-2009, 08:27 PM
and it won't be a huge deal if i race mx with xc shocks?? i will most likely get more into mx in the future. but i'm sticking with xc for the next few years.

allstock
01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
if you think your going to be more into mx in the long run just save up your money for now and get a good mx front end just turn your ride height up in the woods my friend has his bike all set up for mx but still flys through the woods. as long as its not super tight the extra width doesnt make a difference but on a track it does. and what hondarider11 said about rims you should get 4:1 no matter what they handle so much better than 3:2 if your going to get rins

powermadd400ex
01-29-2009, 08:48 AM
xc shocks arent great on any mx track. they bottom wayyyy to easily.
i ride both mx and xc but i race xc.i have my elkas set up for a 165ibs(a little bit more than what i weigh which is 140ibs) mx rider and they are still comfortable in xc. isnt as plush as a xc shocks but still has the resistance to keep me from bottoming out on the track and such.
they should be even more plush after you get +2 a arms. i know my elkas softened up ALOT after i put my +2s on.
dont worry about the width so much, unless your racing GNCC then i wouldnt worry about it. the series i race in has a guy with +3s on his z400 and he doesnt have any trouble.