PDA

View Full Version : What do you think this is worth?

Snipe
01-28-2009, 07:14 PM
I have found a 2003 660 Raptor.

I talked to the guy and he was riding it one day and thinks the oil pump stopped. Well he stopped he said it was running and wasn't smoking or anything.

He took it to yamaha and they believe it galded the cam channels and needs a new head or Jug and the oil pump.

He is at $1000 OBO.

I think that is kinda high as a worse case scenerio im looking at a whole new top end for the bike. Its got the top end apart and I believe that our yamaha store (I know the guy personally) is over shooting what is wrong for profit.

But I haven't seen it yet and wont be able to till tomorrow.

If it does need a new head what do you guys believe it would be worth?

cjkranz
01-29-2009, 08:12 AM
It all depends how the rest of the quad is, shape wise, and any after market accessories (a-arms, shocks, axle, etc..) In my area a good/clean '03 Raptor will go for around $3K.

Snipe
01-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I know it has a few perks like HMF exhaust dont know if its dual or single. I am pretty sure it has nerf bars. Plastic is in good condition it has scratches but isnt cracked or busted or anything.

The bike itself is in overall good condition not a race ready bike mostly OEM parts

a farmer owns it. He dont know much about bikes at all he knows it would cost (From the dealer) as much as it would to buy a new one.

Down here in southern missouri ya can pretty well buy any bike ya want for around 3 to 4 grand complete race ready bikes im talkin sick tricked out quads that rival gncc quads lol (no joke ya wanna by a nice racing quad come down here)

For a run the of mill OEM bike around 1.2 to 2 g's

This one the top end of the head is stripped apart and may need replacing a long with I know for 100% the oil pump. What do ya think it would be worth I just honestly think $1000 is to much. I was thinking something along the lines of $500 maybe depending on how bad it really is.

we have so much ice right now his road is all covered and the 4x4 wouldnt make it (its that bad here) cant look at it in person. From this discreption do you think im that far off on my price?

cjkranz
01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
If you can pick a good used running 660 for $1200 then this one is too high. What part of Missouri do you live in?

Snipe
01-29-2009, 10:53 PM
southern by springfield

cjkranz
01-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Don't know of any '88 or '89 Rs going that cheap, do you? My parents live at Shell Knob..

Snipe
02-04-2009, 06:01 PM
I actually just bought a 2006 honda TRX450R for $3500 even. I did find a 89 250R for $1000 all it needed was put back together. They stripped it apart for painting ran out of money and couldnt have it done so it sets.

http://springfield.craigslist.org/

best place to look and listen to the swap line radio stations lol.