PDA

View Full Version : Clean, Mean Supercharged F150

quadridermx
01-28-2009, 10:15 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up for sale is an incredible 97' F150 standard cab stepside. 57,000 original miles on this MEAN truck. Spotless inside and out! Not a spot or even hint of rust anywhere. This truck was built by Alternative Auto, a well-known custom mustang shop here in Michigan. They did a great job and tuned a truck with somewhere around 375hp that still gets 18mpg+ around town and is completely reliable as a daily driver. This has the 4.6l Triton V8.

Factory Options:

Ice cold air conditioning, power windows/locks, cruise, tilt, ABS, AT transmission, step side, sliding rear window, tow/haul mode (keeps transmission in lower gear to save wear), power steering, driver and passenger airbags, security system with keyless lock/unlock. Truck has tow package (tow/haul button, wiring for hitch) but doesn't have a hitch installed.

Here's all the professionally installed goodies:

-Vortech V2 supercharger kit running a very conservative 6psi boost. This motor is the same motor as is in the Mustang Cobras and can easily handle up to 14psi safely. With just a pully and injector swap, you could easily be pushing well over 400hp. (SUPERCHARGER WAS OVER $7,000 ALONE AFTER INSTALLATION LABOR AND TUNING TIME ON DYNO!)

-Modified transmission and shift kit to handle the hp. B&M components.

-JBA performance ceramic coated shorty headers

-Flowmaster dual muffler (true duals, 2 mufflers) rear exhaust setup with stainless stinger tips. Exhaust done VERY well and sounds great. Low rumble at idle, but still quiet. Sounds incredible when spooling up into the higher RPM's.

-Full MSD programmable ignition system with high quality plugs and wires.

-Ford positraction rear end with a (forget the brand, but I think Detroit) 4:10 rear differential gear. Locks up almost instantly if you floor it.

-Functional ram air hood (ram air currently not used, but could easily be set up). An awesome little touch on this truck is that there is a blue light bar wired up inside of the opening in the hood. Makes the ram air openings glow at night.

-18" Chrome Ultra rims. Spotless and beautiful.

-Aftermarket alarm system with keyless lock/unlock. Truck arms the alarm automatically when locked with the remote. Alarm has vibration sensing and starts beeping if you rock it at all or knock on a window. Goes crazy if you try to open the door while it's locked.

-2" front, 3" rear drop kit with good quality aftermarket shocks. Truck actually rides very nice!

-Aftermarket front air dam matched perfectly to factory color.

-Custom painted headlight covers. Blue bulbs in headlights. Looks awesome at night!

-PIAA fog lights in front air dam. Wired up to separate switch on dash. Also have one extra PIAA housing assembly.

-Quality aftermarket tail lights.

-Chrome grille with polished billet aluminum insert

-Lund roll pan

-Tonneau cover matched to truck.

-Spray in bed liner with full removeable carpet kit (was carpeted for shows)

-Full white racing stripes on ENTIRE truck (front air dam, hood, roof, bed cover, tailgate, roll pan)

-Pioneer AM/FM/Tape sound system in dash with a 6 CD changer behind the seat. Also a nice bass tube with amp setup behind the passenger seat (not much into car audio, but it is a decent system). Aftermarket battery to handle audio electronics. All done very cleanly.

-Billet gas/brake pedals

-Tinted side vent visors above windows

-Very dark tinted rear window

This truck runs flawlessly, is meticulously taken care of, and is kept in a heated garage and stays waxed and detailed. I only take it out on clean, dry days. Interior is spotless. No tears, no stains, no flaws. Just professionally detailed inside and out. Almost every time I take it out, I get random ppl that go out of their way to come up to me with compliments.

All of the above modifications have around 10,000 miles on them. Around 55,000 miles on the truck itself. This ride has A LONG life ahead of it still! I can't stress how good of a job Alternative Auto did on this build. It always starts immediately and runs all day long without a hiccup.

Performance: This isn't a twin turbo 150mph supra, but it does launch HARD! If floored from a dead stop, tires will spin all the way through first and through most of second. With the positrac rear end, both tires are locked up and spinning, not just one. With a perfect launch (keeping traction is hard to do) the truck does 0-60 in about 5 seconds or a little less. The 4:10 rear gear and quick shifting transmission work very well together.

If it's floored at anything less than 35mph, it does the same thing. Drops into first, tires break loose and start spinning, followed by a loud chirp after it shifts into second.

Needless to say, with the small size of the truck, lowering kit, and suspension, it is a BLAST to drive.

Original sticker price of this truck was well over $20,000. Used average resale value is about $8,000 with this low of mileage. The supercharger kit with professional installation and dyno tuning was $7,000 alone, not including transmission work, headers, ignition, exhaust, posi rear end, rims/tires, etc... Check out the prices for all the components above, and you can see that this truck is the real deal. Professionally built with high quality components. It was all DONE RIGHT! Very clean and tight. Over $12,000 in quality modifications alone.

Brakes just fully replaced. Also very recently spent about $300 for a full synthetic transmission service, engine oil change, rear differential fluid change, and full inspection.

Asking price: $10,500 OBO

The reason I'm looking to get rid of the truck is to get something to tow my boat with. I was going to put air suspension on the rear and have a hitch installed, but I just can't bring myself to tow with this beautiful of a truck, even though it is definitely capable. I would consider trades for other high-performance trucks that I can tow a 20ft boat with. Such as a Ford Lightning, Supercharged Ram, Silverado SS, etc.. Would also throw in a good amount of cash for the right truck.

I'm located in Temperance, MI. If you bring cash for this beautiful machine and are serious about buying, you can test drive it yourself (as long as roads are dry!). If no cash with you, but are serious, I can take you for a ride in it.

quadridermx
01-28-2009, 10:16 AM
Pic

quadridermx
01-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Pic2

fourwheeler guy
01-28-2009, 06:07 PM
hey if i bought the truck could you come my way a lil bit that way i wouldnt have to travel all the way to michigan im in illinois nice truck

LT250Racer609
01-28-2009, 08:01 PM
holy lightening wanna be.

450Racer372
01-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Always someone dissing everyones post......this is a sweet truck and probably better then a lightning!!!!........GL with sale..deff a killer deal.

quadridermx
01-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Yeah, I could probably travel your way 75 miles or so for an extra $50. Save ya a couple hours on your round trip. I'd have to find someone to follow me out and drive me back, but that shouldnt be a problem. Might even be able to meet you in Fort Wayne, IN. I have some friends out there I haven't seen in a while. Would need a decent downpayment, though, to make that trip.

Thanks for the post 450Racer!

Lt250Racer makes a good point that I forgot to mention. This truck insures as a standard 97' F150. You can have the looks and power of a lightning, but without the high insurance of one. Great for you younger guys out there that want a nice fast ride with rates that wont claim your firstborn.

And nope, it's not a Lightning, but in my opinion it looks better, sounds better, has less miles, more goodies, and the price is much cheaper than a Lightning. Lightnings are awesome trucks, don't get me wrong, I'd love to have one to tow my boat with, but this is a heck of a nice truck too!

gmcsonomaex
01-29-2009, 02:20 PM
my buddie at work has a lightning thats pushing 500+ hp to the wheels with sum 22s and a monster truck tranny and upgraded super charger runs 110 through it. but id say this looks just as good love the kit and grill nice touch. id buy it now for 10,500 if you drove here im in athens pa. but why do you want to get rid of such a nice truck?

quadridermx
01-30-2009, 06:57 AM
Yeah, the Lightnings are awesome trucks. I've seen a few twin turbo lightnings pushing over 700hp on a moderate tune. The Ford tritons respond pretty well to modifications. Thanks for the compliments, though!

Athens is a little far haha. I'd drive 100 miles toward ya, but that's really all the time I could take.

Selling because I just can't bring myself to tow with this nice of a truck. I currently have a 20ft boat, and am looking to get something a little bigger. I think this truck could handle it if I raised the rear back up and put a hitch on, but I just can't bring myself to tow with it. Someone else might, but I'd rather sell and buy something else to do the job.

quadridermx
02-09-2009, 01:44 PM
bump

quadridermx
03-14-2009, 11:59 AM
bump, still around. had one guy on here make arrangements to buy it but never came through with the money.

quadridermx
05-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Starting to advertise it again. Open to trades. BUMP!

Trackgold
05-30-2009, 05:31 AM
Yeah, the Lightnings are awesome trucks. I've seen a few twin turbo lightnings pushing over 700hp on a moderate tune. The Ford tritons respond pretty well to modifications. Thanks for the compliments, though!

ya but the f150 nightmares look and sound the best

quadridermx
06-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Bump!