PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure?

pdshooter
01-28-2009, 09:02 AM
What are other MXr's running for tire pressure? It's a new '08 Apex with the stock tires. This one seems to have had way too much,(14psi). I dropped it down to 7psi, but he hasn't had a chance to ride it since. Thanks.

Arctic Cat Dad
01-29-2009, 01:46 PM
Seven lbs is way to much! I don't know about MX. But in XC I never have run more then 3 lbs on very rocky tracks in the front. Usealy a pound and a half on muddy tracks in the front and only 2 lbs in the rear. And this is for a very very aggressive rider and he's never lost a bead. If you get it to high they bounce way to much. Play with the 3 lbs range. See how they like it. I've tried 3 in xc and he hates it say's it's too bouncy. I just run what the rider likes and pray for the best.

pdshooter
01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll drop them down some more and we'll see how he gets along with it. Next chance he gets to ride is going to be at the Arenacross in Denver this weekend. We have to much snow and wind here to actually get out and practice.

dericsdad
01-30-2009, 09:55 PM
For MX we run 5 psi in our front Holeshots, and 6-7 psi in the rear snowhogs. Loose tracks we might go as low as 3-4 in the rears especially if it is muddy.

pdshooter
02-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Thanks, we dropped them down to 5psi all the way around for the race and he liked it much better(he finished second!). We'll fiddle around with the rears some more.