PDA

View Full Version : Moto Cross Meets my school!

woodsracer144
01-27-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey every one,
I have to type two papers, one has to change the opion of someone and the other has to inform. I'm honestly feel the schools, students and teachers and board members of the schools do not understand any of the extream sports (i.e. moto-x, FMx, GNCC, skating, ect.) There is one person that is on our school staff that understand me and what it means to be part of about moto-x and that is my gym teacher. This is because she has been part of alot of non-school sporting events, she is/was a body builder in the north west, and he kids are in MANY different sports. I'm not here to cry to you about this, nor am I being lazy.

what i would like is just to see whatevery one things about this.
The base of my essays are 1) starting kids too young in sports, and 2) I would like to find more of the things you need in racing moto-x( bike or quad.)... stay more to the safty gear and the risk, or some thing along those lines.

Since I have started riding hard I have noticed alot of people becoming hurt and not just a crash or flip, and they tip the quad over or pick the bike up and start it up again and go.
J. Jones is now done racing, I meet a great guy by me and his brother has some of the same problems but alot worse then jones. i see more and more major accdents now. and i would like to wrap it in to have the riders only being able to turn pro at the age of 18 or even 19.

i read a think from David Pingree (i dont know how many of you know him be he's in race -x alot) and he was talkin about how kids are getting hurt because of racing, they start at a young age, being pushed to the max, and some times being pulled from regular schooling to be on the road racing. they some times have a lack of respect.

if this sounds just plain stupid, i'll just delete it... thanks alot... if you have any storys post it... i think the youth is some what getting pushed way too hard... and to have a good and fun race doesnt have to be full of 190 triples, just has to be the right set up for the location.

thanks alot.

ProspectorJim
01-27-2009, 09:10 PM
just going to throw some out some ideas you might be able to use in one of your essays...

you could state the kind of strength and endurance you need to actually be able to be competitive in mx. Many people ask me " why are you training to race a quad?". Those who haven't ridden hard or at all, tend to not realize how physically demanding the sport is.

You could also go into the injuries that occur in crashes and some of the safety gear and tell what each piece does in detail. Also talk about the long term injury inflicted by racing (joint damage etc.).

woodsracer144
01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
hey man thanks for the heads up, I would really like to get a FMS or a Quad show out at me school at a half Time of a football game but i dont know how i could get that done... call up Wes miller and H-bomb films..lol

but i know what your talkin about. theres a kid that was cryin about havin to go to basket ball, and i just got tired of him and told him to shut his trap and if he was too lazy to go do his work out to quit because its really sad when you have to cry about trying to better your self in a sprot if that makes sence...

the safty gear and all that there are sooo many things... the clother, boots helmets, goggles, Leatt braces, all the knee and elbo gaurds... and i know thats just the surface of things...

as far as k the long term effects, i got to give you props on that, i never thought of that... i'm goin to the chiro all the time to get my back re adjusted... big thanks out to that guy, that is a huge effect of it,

i wish that i could do something to help out the guys and girls that are not stuck in the wheelchairs becuase of a accdent from racing... its really hard for me to understand how one lap you can be 20 seconds ahead and the next time around the same jump that you could clear 3 tapped, you crash and your done riden and walkin for the rest of your life and your stuck in a wheel chair... it really hurt to think of it... my heart goes out to all the people that has had this happen to them.

250r rider 88
01-28-2009, 12:45 AM
there was a test done awhile back on athletes from all areas in sports to test their overall athletic ability, endurance, strength, etc. and they had 10 guys from each sport do the test and in the top 10, 7 of the MX guys placed 1-7, if i find the article i will give you the link to show how demanding of a sport this really is for the serious racer

elementryder
01-28-2009, 06:33 AM
the thing i hate more than anything is, kids from the bowling team (hardcore sport) saying its so easy to race a quad, just sit down and push the throttle! they think you just sit back and relax or something

i think you should throw a video together for your teacher to show them what is involved to be "just a quad racer"

woodsracer144
01-28-2009, 09:20 AM
i was looking for that but i couldnt find it, i'l doing my first essay on the gear and effects.

thanks for all the help!

400-416EX
01-28-2009, 09:45 AM
They new Huevos will have all types of riding for you to show

woodsracer144
01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
i couldnt use a vid... most the kids would be like this is gay.. the whole hour to hour and half of the best quad ridin...

wayfastwhitey69
01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by elementryder
the thing i hate more than anything is, kids from the bowling team (hardcore sport) saying its so easy to race a quad, just sit down and push the throttle! they think you just sit back and relax or something

i think you should throw a video together for your teacher to show them what is involved to be "just a quad racer"

ya man all the jocks at my school are like that their like why do u need to be in shape any one can do it when really mx is the second most physically enduring sport out there. soccers the first

woodsracer144
01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
i wanna bring a super moto set up out to my school and make them run it and see what its like... its not gonna be near a mx or xc race but it would show them what its like...

anyone find that thing on the study with the motocross guys i think it was at the California

250x_kyle
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by wayfastwhitey69
ya man all the jocks at my school are like that their like why do u need to be in shape any one can do it when really mx is the second most physically enduring sport out there. soccers the first

everyone at my school is that way. only one jock whos parents are realy rich bought him a quad and started to get him into racing and he learned real quick how hard it is and appologised to my buddy who raced nationals. now only if the rest would learn.

BlaineKaiser450
01-28-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by wayfastwhitey69
ya man all the jocks at my school are like that their like why do u need to be in shape any one can do it when really mx is the second most physically enduring sport out there. soccers the first soccer? really? i dont want to be a d1ck but seriously? i doubt that

250r rider 88
01-28-2009, 05:28 PM
i highly doubt soccer is considered the most demanding, maybe among normal athletics, but MX and XC requires so much more than soccer

extremeblastr
01-28-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by 250r rider 88
i highly doubt soccer is considered the most demanding, maybe among normal athletics, but MX and XC requires so much more than soccer

ha. i've done all three and would gladly do another xc race before heading back on to the soccer field. you go try running nonstop for 60 min of play time (play time not real time) and let me know how you do my friend.

woodsracer144
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
not to be a jerk but can we get back on track?

extremeblastr
01-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
not to be a jerk but can we get back on track?

alright. the paper where you have to inform people. bring up the number of people who are involved in the sport, how much like a family it is at the track, and how fast the sport is growing. also do an in depth explanation of each piece of safety a gear a rider wears when racing. give them an idea of what its like to toss around a 375 pound machine for 5-8 laps or an hour or two. i did something like this for my public speaking class senior year and my class actually had no trouble sitting through fallout2, just skip the offbeat stuff and stick to freestyle,racing, and crashes in the video and you should be good.

woodsracer144
01-28-2009, 07:44 PM
hey thanks man!

it is drivein me crazy... i've searched got that thing on the mx and other sports for teh hardness or what ever for 2 hours... i was about to throw the computer!

thats a good idea though.. thanks again

extremeblastr
01-29-2009, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
hey thanks man!

it is drivein me crazy... i've searched got that thing on the mx and other sports for teh hardness or what ever for 2 hours... i was about to throw the computer!

thats a good idea though.. thanks again

and maybe for the change the opinion one you could start off with j.j.'s and Anthony Mastrocola's (i believe i spelled that right) stories and then go into how much their love for the sport has led them to do everything they can to get back to riding. it just shows that this sport as dangerous as it is, has become a very important part of a lot of peoples lives and its what holds together their families and communities.

woodsracer144
01-29-2009, 09:45 AM
yeah, im talkin about the ridin gear and how it HAS to be worn... no if ands or buts about it... im gonna talk about J jones... whosthe other guy. i've never heard of him... when did it happen? thanks

extremeblastr
01-29-2009, 10:03 AM
if i'm not mistaken it happened the same year a few rounds before jj's crash, he came over a jump nose down and it just got worse from there. i'm sure someone on here can give you a link to the video of it or i may be able to find it on youtube, i believe he was racing in c class when it happened but he was definitely a talented young rider with a future.

woodsracer144
01-29-2009, 02:51 PM
where was he from?

extremeblastr
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
you would have to ask around, i'm not sure. but it did happen at the nationals.

woodsracer144
01-30-2009, 09:26 AM
any one know if there are any test that a riding boot or chest protetor would go under? i've been lookin on the net for some reviews on the boots or stuff... thanks for the help.

extremeblastr
01-30-2009, 09:47 AM
not sure about those but make sure you mention that 99.9% of racing series require a dot approved helmet

woodsracer144
01-30-2009, 10:01 AM
can you buy a non approved DOT helmet?

extremeblastr
01-30-2009, 10:12 AM
you can but its pretty hard to find one lol but still it brings up a good safety rule and shines some more good light on our sport and how we do look out for the safety of the riders in the events.