PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Racers/Riders

Bart
12-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Michigan Riders/Racers,

The AMA/ATVA District 14 numbers for 2002 were pretty weak.

Ave number of quads for MX: 15
Ave number of quads for XC: 30

If you live in or near Michigan and do NOT participate in District 14 races, why not? What needs to be done to bring more riders in?

If you already DO participate in District 14 races, what would you like to see changed to improve your racing experience?

Two of the top District 14 ATVA members frequent this forum. Your voice will be heard.

Thanks.

ZSK
12-21-2002, 10:25 PM
money, I'm still in high school and hardly get to hit the trails...to be honest a stock 300ex isn't the best quad to go out and hit mx doubles with. I've had it 3 months and already am out riding the machine and don't have enough to buy a 250r, 400ex or predator. Or try to build my 300 into an mxer.

JustRace
12-22-2002, 09:37 AM
Well I live about 4 miles from Morelands MX track. I planned on racing this previous year and this year, but I destroyed my back. I am working on getting more people to race though. I think its just because its just not advertised enough. Plus like mentioned before, money is an issue. Everyone I ride with is still in high school or just out of school. Also when i've gone to watch the races at morelands it doesn't seem like its as organized as it could be.

MJNOVA
12-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Money isn't a issue if you race CC. Race what you got, it's alot more about rider then MX is. A stock bikes work just fine for CC.

A4StrokeGuy
12-24-2002, 12:10 PM
I'm guessing u meant 15 quads per race not just 15 memeber total? I know a few tracks i go to treat us like yesterdays lunch special. Sometimes i wonder y i want to race, put thousands of dollars into a quad, get treated like crap at the track, but then u realize how fun it is:D I think it will keep growing in MI, i hope so at least.

Jordan

d-14 rider 27
01-03-2003, 04:35 PM
i raced dang near every race this year, and last year, last year i was out for a cuppl months with a busted hip, this year i was out due to crank probs for a while. but if you race michigan, i bet you seen, or met me number 27, had a 440, now on crf :D i think more tracks should do split programs like morelands and portland. also, advertisement would help out a lot and GETTING SOME RECOGNITION IN D-14 NEWSPAPER wouldnt hurt us a bit.

TRX300X
01-03-2003, 08:37 PM
I would have raced more this summer but due to me crashing, blowing up engines, and lack of time things just didn't go how I wish they would have. Maybe this year will be different.

02 Red Rider
01-03-2003, 09:20 PM
Where can I get more info? I raced High Point GNCC last year for fun. Fun: meaning I do not have the time or money to be too serious about racing. Having 2 daughters and a full time job makes it difficult to get out joy riding with the guys down at Wayne National much less trying to keep up with a race schedule. However I do like to compete now and then, soooo excuse my whining and tell me where to get some event info.

Jason

BTW... I live just SW of Toledo, OH

d-14 rider 27
01-03-2003, 10:18 PM
www.ama-d14.org

02 Red Rider
01-03-2003, 10:30 PM
Thanks Rider 27

GNCC#829
01-04-2003, 01:45 PM
Having the quads race later in the day would get me to a few races next year. The closest one is a couple hours away and the race starts at 8:30 in the morning. That automaticly adds at least 50 buck to my costs for the weekend, because I have to stay the night at a motel before the race. I would rather drive a little farther to a D11 race that starts at 2 or 3 in the afternoon.

GNCC#829
01-04-2003, 01:47 PM
By the way, that was for the XC races.

flying400ex
01-11-2003, 10:18 PM
How do I get in?

Bart
01-13-2003, 05:39 AM
How do I get in?

For basic D14 infor, check out:

http://www.ama-d14.org/home.htm

A D14 ATV site is in the works.

You will also need to be an ATVA member:

http://www.atvaonline.com/index.htm

Feel free to PM or e-mail me for more information.

1krazyquadridr
01-27-2003, 03:19 PM
Yeah I have to agree. Quads are always usually the first guys to practice at Dutch, Red Bud, or Log Road. That really puts a time crunch on anyone who lives more than an hour away from any one of the tracks. The recognition thing is also a big issue. I raced almost every race this year too, but it gets hard sometimes.

OutlawEX
01-29-2003, 08:10 PM
I will be running D-14 ..but my quad isnt built all the way yet ..Im gonna wait to the last minute..Im looking forward to log road tho and of course red bud..i never been to them

Bart
01-30-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by OutlawEX
Im looking forward to log road tho and of course red bud..i never been to them

Be sure to check out

http://www.logroadmx.com

http://www.redbudmx.com

A4StrokeGuy
01-30-2003, 06:02 AM
I'll be racing at red bud, dutch and log road. Red bud is an experience in itself! Stupid dirt bikes rutt the piss out of it though during most normal race weekends other then nationals.

Jordan

MeatHead
02-01-2003, 09:24 PM
I looks like they had quite a few harescrambles with ATV races last year. I had no idea that I could race this close to home. Now I have to serious give this some thought. New suspsension and race the 300, or new quad??? Tough choices. But one of the two has to happen before I will even consider racing. Thanks for the info, I know a few people that will be interested in this. They always complain that there are no harescrambles in MI.

02-01-2003, 09:41 PM
i plan on hitting the traks about every weekend this season. i went to liek 4 or 5 last season and man i gotta say it is kick ***. i met mr arns(cant remember his first name) he just came up to me and i was like u know i make a key/kill swich relocater i have one if u are interested and i was liek maybe but i need to get money for shocks first he is liek ok well i am (i think it iwas john)arns and i was liek holy ****. he got a kick outta it. but yea anyone who races we have a great program in michigan u should get d14 membersip and ama membership if u are interested because there is noting like racing.

02-03-2003, 04:42 PM
yo fred i sent you a pm check ur inbox plz.

Bart
04-21-2003, 08:37 AM
First D14 Harescramble (XC) is Sun April 27 at Portland, MI. Weather forecast is good for now...

http://www.portlandmx.com

kargaaro
04-22-2003, 07:17 AM
I'm very involved in D-14 Racing. There are at least a dozen different tracks that quads can race MX, XC, Ice etc. The information is out there you just need to look for it. Alot of great sites have already been posted.
Quads do usually take the back seat but at least were racing. I like going first thing in the morning. Boom, you've had your fun and on your way home by early afternoon. It helps for the long trips. I think all of the tracks allow overnight camping. Bring a tent, I've even slept in the truck.
I would like to see a better turn out for quads. There's usually decent numbers at XC events but MX numbers are low!
It would also be nice to see more recognition in the D-14 Newspaper. We've paid for it.

TRX300X
04-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Yeah it seems like John is the only one that writes articles on ATV's. I can't remember if Andrew does either. Oh well, slowly but surely quadsare becomming more and more popular. It's just a matter of time.

Bart
04-23-2003, 12:15 AM
I'm sure that John and/or Andrew wouldn't mind some help writing up a few quad articles.

TheChknhwk
04-23-2003, 01:02 AM
I'm near Saginaw & I would like to race a hare or XC in the future sometime in novice for the first time, but am I d-14 or is there something closer? Thanks.

hondamxer161
04-23-2003, 07:57 AM
guess i better post to this since i race d14. i mainly race at bay racing in kingsley, near traverse city, but make it around to morelands and others too....i agree with quads having to practice first every race, i only live 45 minute from kingsley and i still gotta get up crazy early to make it.
oh yeah, thanks again to andrew who helped me at kingsley one time, i had a bent brake rotor.

mike

p.s. all you fools gotta come up north and race! bay racing is awesome and rick the promotor is an old school quad guy so the track is pretty quad friendly!

lshonda310
04-23-2003, 09:02 AM
I started racing all the harescrambles, but when there were only 3 or 4 in the A class I stopped going, Dutch Sport is probably the biggest quad harescramble because it is also d15 points also, and all the d15 qauds racing for points go up there.

JustRace
04-24-2003, 04:12 AM
Anyone that rides at morelands let me know when you are going. I live about 4 miles from there, i can't race this summer, again (herniated disk in back), but i would like to meet some people off of this site.

d-14 rider 27
04-24-2003, 05:04 PM
im gonna be at morelands this weekend on saturday, look for me im number 563 on a white crf.

quadrcr87
05-08-2003, 09:48 AM
im from pinckney MI im gonna race milan cycle city tommarow and possibly log road some time. where are other close tracks?

Bart
05-08-2003, 10:08 AM
quadrcr87,

I highly recommend Portland and Morelands. Both are reasonably close (< 2 hours) from you.

Portland has a race scheduled this weekend.

http://www.portlandmx.com

http://www.morelandsmotocross.com

The more, the merrier. Good luck at Milan. That's a tough track for quads.

quadrcr87
05-08-2003, 03:09 PM
why is it tough

Bart
05-09-2003, 12:17 AM
It has a lot of peaked jumps. Almost like a SX track for the quads. Not nearly as forgiving as Log Road, Portland, or Morelands.

quadrcr87
05-09-2003, 02:24 PM
i went to milan tonite closed from flooding. what time is the race at portland tommarow and how far from like brighton or annarbor?