PDA

View Full Version : dont know what to do

ridered92
01-27-2009, 04:18 PM
ok i bought a truck in october from a family friend he said the title would be here in a week well its still not here and i can allp for my licence friday and when i get it i wont be able to drive it because i wont be able to insure it. i know i shouldent have bought it with out a title so dont bother giveing me that speal. i just needed to vent because i have 3200$ in this truck and i wont be able to drive it.

derekhonda
01-27-2009, 04:21 PM
Any way to apply for a lost title? With the exception of it being stolen, you should be able to get a new one people lose titles all the time, well maybe not all the time but you wont be the first.

ridered92
01-27-2009, 04:24 PM
im just fed up. he needed the money so i figured what the hell i need a truck. well i get f%^&$# trying to help out a friend

derekhonda
01-27-2009, 06:11 PM
been there and done that myself, bought a cbr off a friend of a friend he just had to sell it. He gave me the title, but...he bought the bike out of state so he didnt get it registered at the dealership, then came back to indiana, never registered/titled/plated the bike at the bmv for over year. So when I went to register and title it the paperwork didn't match up, ended up having to pay his portion of the 7% sales tax ad titling/registering fee, and then my 7% registering/titling fee and then sue him in small claims court. Just stick it through go apply for a lost title.

ridered92
01-27-2009, 08:43 PM
see the problem is that the title was sent out on the 8th thats all fine and good accept for the fact that its now the 27th. which is ok but i can apply for my licence friday:D . but i have to have different insurance on it to cover me. if its wasent for that i wouldent be upset. but ive been waiting to long and the state took there time sending it back and the town office that he applyed for the title at forgot to send the paper work when he applyed for it so that added more time to the wait. i just needed to vent. if its not here by the time i get my licence the guy i bought it from is going to buy it back or get me another truck and a trade or a truck and cash so it will all work out. but i just fell in love with my truck. thanks for the reply. sounds as tho you went threw the same game.

Stevie-D
01-28-2009, 02:29 PM
you say the title was sent out..do you mean your friend bought it and sent out the title in his name? or was is signed by you as the buyer and sent out in your name? if the latter is the case, it's yours to register, insure, etc... if not, well good luck:macho

ridered92
01-28-2009, 03:56 PM
yeah i he was waiting to get the title back so i could put it in my name. he called me today the state said that for like 40$ they will send a new one and he will have it in 7-10 days