PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Eton Thunder 90 taking off

vots
01-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Just picked up this quad last weekend, trying to get it running for my little one. I cleaned the carb, new spark plug, new gas in tank.
I don't think the choke is working, the only way I can get it started is by holding a piece of cardboard in front of the carb throat.

The big problem is as soon as it starts it tries to take off, the rpms are way too high. Does anybody know how to adjust it?

I'd like to convert it to a manual choke and premixed fuel, are there any kits out there for that?

Thanks
Vots

etondaddy
01-29-2009, 09:14 AM
Check the idle screw and the throttle cable...........

Mike Kozura

vots
01-30-2009, 06:40 AM
Thanks, it seems like the idle adjustment screw doesn't have any affect, must be the throttle cable. Is there an adjustment other than the top speed on the cable?
Thanks
Vots

leadsled01
01-30-2009, 11:46 AM
I bet that cable is stuck. wide open throttle.

etondaddy
01-30-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by leadsled01
I bet that cable is stuck. wide open throttle.
Sounds like it........just take the filter off and look in....... ;)

Mike Kozura

vots
01-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the help guys! Got it running good now! When I cleaned the carb I set the idle adjustment to the way it was when I took it apart, assuming that was correct, of course it wasn't :eek: Looked in carb throat, yep, throttle sure was open a lot!
Screwed it out a couple more turns, runs great, not like a bat out of hell.
Still has a little smoke, is it normal for a 2 stroke, or can I adjust the screw above the idle screw for that?
Thanks
Vots

etondaddy
02-01-2009, 05:47 AM
If it's a 2 stroke it better be smokin....... at least a little depending on the oil that's in it.

No that's the air/fuel screw. It should be out 1 to 2 turns. With it running and warmed up run that screw all the way in the quad should stall and then back it out about an 1.8 turn at a time untill you get the max rpm out of it. And see where it's at it should be 1 to 2 turns out......if it's not you need to change the pilet jet.

Mike Kozura

vots
02-02-2009, 10:06 PM
It's just a little smoke now, when I first got it running you could of smoked mosquitos with it :D
I'll check that adjustment tomorrow.
Thanks
Vots