PDA

View Full Version : PEP Shock covers...

Mustangous
01-27-2009, 02:58 PM
I have researched around here for shock covers and decided on the PEP covers. I spend a lot of time in trails that are dusty to muddy conditions so i want thinking that covers should be a good idea, especially to help the cleaning process. On ebay they are $50 for the front and $35 for the rear, plus shipping. Does anyone know a place to get them for a cheaper price? This is for a 400ex.

Thanks...

NacsMXer
01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Try www.baldwinmotorsports.com or www.sfracingonline.com and ask how much they sell them for. No idea if they will be cheaper but it doesn't hurt to ask.

jason_david1
01-27-2009, 07:09 PM
ill have to look tomorrow but i think i have some pep front shock covers. let me know if you are interested

Mustangous
01-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by jason_david1
ill have to look tomorrow but i think i have some pep front shock covers. let me know if you are interested
Sure, Whats the condition? I am looking for black...
Thanks

KingpinsEx
01-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Yea not sure the best place to get them, just make sure they are for your length of shock. Many are longtravel, but either way they are WORTH it. I bought a used set on ebay and they are by far the best protection you can get. They have a gel like inside that won't wear away your spring paint like shockwears and most brands tend too.

heartattack01
01-29-2009, 11:09 AM
One way or another they won't be cheap. I have a set and they're great. The reason they're so expensive though is because they're neoprene, or something like it, with a heavy duty zipper enclosure. Whereas all the other ones I've had were just regular ripstop fabric with velcro. You get what you pay for.