PDA

View Full Version : wiesco 416 Piston ring end gap

brian76708
01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
does any one know what the piston ring end gap should be for a Wiesco 416 piston. i read the directions to calculate it and what i am measuring when i put the rings in the cylinder is larger by a significant amount then what the calculation say it should be. i have checked the box of the rings that cam with the piston and they say they are for the 416 so i dont know whats going on. i would shot out the numbers but i left them on a notepad 200 mi away from me.

drillteamleader
01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
You may have a set of pre gapped rings. As long as it is not way too big it should be ok. I just put an 11:1 standard bore piston in mine and the rings were about 3-5 thousandths bigger. If you just had it freshly bored, the machine shop could have honed it out a little too far also.

brian76708
01-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by drillteamleader
You may have a set of pre gapped rings. As long as it is not way too big it should be ok. I just put an 11:1 standard bore piston in mine and the rings were about 3-5 thousandths bigger. If you just had it freshly bored, the machine shop could have honed it out a little too far also.

yea i checked the cylindar size out to but i used dial calipers which aren't the correct way but it was exactly on at the top and bottom but i guess the middle could be off. and i think mine were around 3-5 thousands off as well

drillteamleader
01-27-2009, 03:25 PM
It should be fine. It might have a little more blowby, but it shouldn't make much difference.