PDA

View Full Version : Itunes help

Kickstarts-suck
01-27-2009, 03:48 AM
On my old computer I put over 400 songs onto my Ipod and that computer ended up dieing (wonder why) Now I want to put some more songs onto my Ipod. I was told that if you plug an Ipod with songs onto a new computer with no songs it will delete the songs that were on your Ipod. Is this true? I would hate to lose all my songs.

I just want to add 5 new songs to what I already have on my Ipod.

Thanks.

hondaking52
01-27-2009, 09:15 AM
yes it's true, once you setup ur ipod on ur comp it cant be switched, or it will delete all of the music on it, main reason i didnt get an ipod.....ur best to transfer the music from ur old comp to ur new one and then re sync it all....

Kickstarts-suck
01-27-2009, 01:58 PM
hmm. That sucks.

I Cant take my music from my old computer and put them on this one because the old computer is completely dead.

There has to be a way to get my songs from my ipod onto this computer.
:ermm: :grr:

hondaking52
01-27-2009, 01:59 PM
you could take the hard drive out of ur old comp and get a comp store to dl the files on it to ur new one i think...

Kickstarts-suck
01-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
you could take the hard drive out of ur old comp and get a comp store to dl the files on it to ur new one i think...

I would but the harddrive is one of the things that went bad. :(

hondaking52
01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
o well tht sucks...google it and see wat comes up, might be a proggie out there to bypass the delete thing for a new comp....

Kickstarts-suck
01-27-2009, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
o well tht sucks...google it and see wat comes up, might be a proggie out there to bypass the delete thing for a new comp....

Yea I hope so.

Thanks for the help.

hondaking52
01-27-2009, 02:14 PM
no worries, i'll see if i can find anything for ya

hondaking52
01-27-2009, 02:16 PM
well tht didnt take long, try this http://lifehacker.com/software/ipod/how-to-copy-songs-from-your-ipod-to-your-pc-105256.php

ProspectorJim
01-27-2009, 02:59 PM
or you could just disable auto sync in itunes and press the button under file that says "Transfer purchases from owners ipod"...

hondaking52
01-27-2009, 03:00 PM
or tht, i'm not an itunes guy, so dont know much bout em...

insaneracin2003
01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
I have kinda the same issue. I had all my music on itunes on my old computer. well comp went to chit but I was able to save all my files to a flash drive before losing everything.
Now I have a new computer and I ran the flash drive to the new comuter to Windows Media Player and I can't get them to my itunes folder....any ideas??
I guess what I am asking is, How do I copy files from my Winows Media Player to my Itunes? Thanks

ProspectorJim
01-27-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
I have kinda the same issue. I had all my music on itunes on my old computer. well comp went to chit but I was able to save all my files to a flash drive before losing everything.
Now I have a new computer and I ran the flash drive to the new comuter to Windows Media Player and I can't get them to my itunes folder....any ideas??
I guess what I am asking is, How do I copy files from my Winows Media Player to my Itunes? Thanks

If you still have the flash drive, plug it in. Then open the folder with the flash drive contents(my computer, then it should say removable hard drive or something like that). Open that up, then just drag all of the songs into itunes. It usually works, unless the file format can't be played by itunes.

If you don't have the flashdrive, you're going to have to open whatever folder that windows media player has the songs in and do the same thing from there.

Kickstarts-suck
01-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Got it all sorted out thanks everyone :)

insaneracin2003
01-28-2009, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by ProspectorJim
If you still have the flash drive, plug it in. Then open the folder with the flash drive contents(my computer, then it should say removable hard drive or something like that). Open that up, then just drag all of the songs into itunes. It usually works, unless the file format can't be played by itunes.

If you don't have the flashdrive, you're going to have to open whatever folder that windows media player has the songs in and do the same thing from there.
Thanks, I also got it fixed up.