PDA

View Full Version : Give me a crash course on Cobras

wvspeedfreak
01-26-2009, 04:23 PM
I have quite a bit of experience with the cvt minis but none with the Cobras.I have a chance to pick one up for a reasonable price and just want to know what to look for in particular on these before purchasing and what to expect if I get it.Things such as....what are high wear items,weak parts that need upgraded,etc.

Just give a potential Cobra newbie the low down.....good and bad :)

Ryko racing
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
There is a minor learning curve with these but we are pretty happy with them.

The auto clutches are probably the biggest item to keep up with
because if they are not set up correctly it will produce a lot of heat in the cases which robs power and overheats the stators but once you find the correct combination you should be all set.

The only other thing is that the parts are expensive because cobra makes their own engines and parts. ( or should i say designs them).

We love our cobras, it gives us dads something to do other than wish we could race with our kids. ( ha ha )

Call Paul at Wiley Mods or Brandon Tittle at Tittle brothers, they will give you the straight scoop.

ww228king
01-26-2009, 06:52 PM
sounds like teh same issue as the KTM 50s...wvspeedfreak, i know you are not going this route...lol Come on man, build him a supermini.... lol :devil:

wvspeedfreak
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by ww228king
sounds like teh same issue as the KTM 50s...wvspeedfreak, i know you are not going this route...lol Come on man, build him a supermini.... lol :devil:

I haven't ruled that out either :p

Probably won't do anything.....just window shopping.

ww228king
01-26-2009, 07:49 PM
window shopping...my saying was (just researching)..lol
either way you go, you son will rip on it...