View Full Version : Neck brace

tyler70t
01-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I have been looking into purchasing a neck brace for my son for this season and was wondering what makes the Leatt better than the EVS revolution? As you all know there is a huge price difference but I realize you can't put a price on your child's safety.. Any feedback will be appreciated........Jeff

JAG Motosports
01-26-2009, 07:32 PM
The Leatt is much more comfortable to wear. I'm sure the EVS is also good protection but it seems to limit head movement. Meaning that the kids that wear them look stiff. Our son has a Leatt and he runs around the track all day with it on between races. He says he forgets that it's on. Our friends kids have the EVS and they take their neck brace off as soon as they can after a race. Leatt has just come out with a newer cheaper model. I would seriously consider that before the EVS. I'm not saying the Evs isn't going to protect your child just as much as the Leatt but comfort is a big factor IMO. Plus Leatt has been around a lot longer and knows what they're doing....that's why everyone is copying them.

90cc DAD
01-26-2009, 09:03 PM
We bought the new EVS brace a month ago.
I just ordered a Leatt 10 min. ago!!
The EVS does its job of protecting...But it was way to small
around the neck. When I called EVS about the problem. They
told me that (I needed to take the foam out of the cloth and
trim it down so it would fit correctly.)
So I call Leatt and they said there Club Model is fully adjustable.
It comes with three diffrent adjustments because not all
kids are built the same.
I also asked about the Adventure Brace by Leatt? It has no
adjustments!! Not recomended by Leatt!!
So we ordered the Club with the Carbon Fiber!!
Lighter and Fully adjusable!! Just a little more expensive!!
But well worth the price if you have ever seen my son trying
the jumps nobody will even think of trying!!

Check out a video of him Jumping!!
And you will see why protection is #1 in my Book!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AB_IiyiwMA

bulldogfallon
01-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by 90cc DAD

I also asked about the Adventure Brace by Leatt? It has no
adjustments!! Not recomended by Leatt!!
So we ordered the Club with the Carbon Fiber!!
Lighter and Fully adjusable!! Just a little more expensive!!

Huh?

The Adventure is adjustable in some areas? It is worth every single penny without a doubt!!!

The more expensive units don't neccessarily warrant the extra cost (IMO).

We have sold both and have never had anything but great response from BOTH the Adventure and standard Leatt brace.

I think you were misinformed...Maybe the Adventure was out of stock and the other is much more heavily stocked? hmmmmm?

mxdad423
01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Brandon has been wearing the Leatt for a couple of years now, I wondered when I bought it if he would wear it, I thought he would complain that it was to bulky and bothered him. But after I got it he put it on for practice the next weekend, after he come off the track from practice, he told be he loved it, he always wore the foam collar braces before and he said that he noticed them on more than he did the Leatt. Last year he took a really nasty spill at the High Point Nat. and I really belive with the way he went over and the way the quad come down on his head if he wouldn't of been wearing the Leatt, it may of been really bad. I would recomend the Leatt to anybody that races, youth or adult, it's well worth the money and probably the best piece of safety equipment you will ever purchase. JMO

Kevin Smitley

XXX -rider
01-28-2009, 06:07 PM
IMO if the kids are not wearing a Leatt,..the parent(s) are taking terrible risks with a young life !!..almost to the point where if (IMO again) that they should be charged with negligence if / when the kid suffers a serious injury ..to me its equally important as wearing a helmet !!!
...do you let your kids ride/race with out a helmet???????

...after spending tons on machines, parts, gear,& even "toyhaulers" I am still glad to see some have finally decided to get there kid a Leatt!!...better late than never !!

90cc DAD
01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Dave... We have used the EVS every since they came out!!
And before that we used the cheap foam brace.
I alway make sure my kid is protected!!