PDA

View Full Version : Pc 2000 questions

Honda 250r 001
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
what piston do i have to use with this set up. I run a stroker crank with the long rod. can i use a wiseco racers choice piston? The electra coated one? or do i have to have a special duncan piston. and how much does it cost to get re-nykasilled (spelling) and resleeved. i recently bought one for 100 bucks with a broken sleeve and i know nothing of it. What about the head, how am i suppose to run a stroker with the duncan dome. because you have to mill the stock head 2 mm to accomidate for the longer stroke. What about the bore, nykasil. does it really make your bore last longer?

Master LTR450
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
It will last longer as long as u maintain it. As for getting it reniked your looking at somewhere between 150-200. What size cylinder did u pick up?and if you wanna part ways with it because your going to have to do alot of work to get it to work with the stroker let me know I might be interested.

Honda 250r 001
01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
well how much would you give me? i know what i am doing so no work is too hard. I will call duncan and see what they say. im pretty sure i can mill the dome and run the stroker.

And how does nykasil bore work. can i bore it any bigger? or do i just renykasil it?

Master LTR450
01-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Honda 250r 001
well how much would you give me? i know what i am doing so no work is too hard. I will call duncan and see what they say. im pretty sure i can mill the dome and run the stroker.

And how does nykasil bore work. can i bore it any bigger? or do i just renykasil it?

I cant give you an offer without knowing what size the cylinder is, does it come with the cylinder head?? also im sure you can mill the dome and run the stroker but you arer going to have to get the cylinder reported. it will not perform to its full potential without being ported for the stroker crank. And for boring the cylinder you cant just bore it like your normal steel sleeved 250r cylinder. your best bet would be to get it reniked or sell it to me just let me know what size it is and what your thinking to get out of it. Thanks

dove
01-26-2009, 02:51 PM
my one had the skirt broken off,because of a conrod failure.it was a 275 (nikasil)but i got it steel sleeved back to a 275 (should have got it to a 265 then i would have been able to rebore with oversize pistons)because i didnt have the broken piece to be welded back in cost around £120 pounds (uk)as for the piston i got a wiseco one from duncan racing (they said it is modified from std but who knows)86 style piston, the cylinder number is pc 20058

Honda 250r 001
01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
the sleeve is broke in mine also. i hope to have it resleeved and run it. its a 265