PDA

View Full Version : champions pit, michigan

honda440
01-26-2009, 08:27 AM
ok so i live in michigan right.. and me and a bunch of my friends ride together almost everyweekend during the duration of the summer.. we dont have alot of places to ride so we trailer them to a place just a couple mins away from where we alll live.. its this huge *** pit of gravel im talking like 300ft face walls and its got all sorts of sand and mud so thers always a variety of ppl that come ther to show off ther skills.. its like a mix of desert dunes, rock crawling, and the deepest mud you can think of!! we all love it ther and its something we can all call home for us.. unfortunetly a couple months back some idiot stole another guys quad (brand new 08 yfz450) and had to of been drunk or something cuz he parked it at the top of a dune and lite the thing on fire.. so the cops were called and the whole crew of ppl to sort out the mess.. after that insident happened they posted no tresspassing signs around the area... the pit is just off the orv trails that scatter throughout the area... now anyone caught riding in it gets a nice fine for 200-300 bucks easy... i wish we could protest this problem but for how many people i ride with it wont make a difference.. so everytime we ride ther now, against regulations, we have to be careful of the DNR and anyone looking for trouble... luckily our DNR only ride little quads like 300's or somthing like that.. so if they were a problem they could be easily avoided... but i thnk its just stupid as can be that one person can ruin everything that is fun and thers nothing u can even do about it but sit back and watch them take away our fun....

rooster300ex
01-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Man I know exactly how you feel. My riding area was like 10 minutes away from my house, but because of a few people getting caught with drugs there, and a few other crimes they fenced it off. Now I have to drive 40 mintues and pay 7 bucks to ride plus all other expenses.