PDA

View Full Version : Computer help....DVD burning...?

dpizz450
01-25-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm trying to burn a bunch of music videos onto a DVD. I'm having a little trouble and can't figure it out to save my life! Do they have a good dvd burning program i could buy off the net? Everytime i try to burn something using Divx it says something about a compilation album or something?? I did it a while back like maybe a year ago, and now i can not figure it out for anything....Someone shed some light or recommend some software??

hondaking52
01-25-2009, 09:53 PM
i just use windows media player...

dpizz450
01-25-2009, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
i just use windows media player...

arrrggh I've tried all that and none of it works for me? IDK? mind explaining the process to me? do u have the most up to date version?

EDIT: i just tried it and cant find anywhere to burn a dvd? all i find is audio cd...

hondaking52
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
well i use a program called PQDVD to rip my movies, then i just drag em to media player, then go to burn, and away ya go....cant help ya much past tht...,and i think its the most up to date..

dpizz450
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
well i use a program called PQDVD to rip my movies, then i just drag em to media player, then go to burn, and away ya go....cant help ya much past tht...,and i think its the most up to date..

did u have to buy that program or what? where can i get it?

hondaking52
01-25-2009, 10:13 PM
woops, wrong thing, lets try tht again, i got the dvd ripper proggie from my cuz, he got it off of a dl site, but you have to pay for it from them, not sue of the dl site, try and google it

dpizz450
01-25-2009, 10:22 PM
woops, wrong thing, lets try tht again, i got the dvd ripper proggie from my cuz, he got it off of a dl site, but you have to pay for it from them, not sue of the dl site, try and google it

thanks but thats not the right thing im looking for. not trying to rip anything to the comp, i already have the vids on the computer. need a program or something to burn them to the dvd. windows media player doesn't work for me. it doesnt give me an option to burn vids, only audio.

anyone else got any suggestions??

hondaking52
01-25-2009, 10:31 PM
hmm, may be tht ur dvd's are the wrong format, i just tried it and it started to burn fine...

dpizz450
01-25-2009, 10:39 PM
hmm, may be tht ur dvd's are the wrong format, i just tried it and it started to burn fine...

hmm...this is very annoying! :confused: I have two different types of DVDs and neither of them work. One of the kinds is the same kind i used last time and it worked fine. I have no idea how i did it last time and it's about to drive me nuts, as i've been trying to figure it out for well over two months now! I'm even willing to buy a program if anyone knows a good one that will work?!?

Brad77
01-26-2009, 07:25 AM
I personally do not like Windows Media Player when burning disc. I normally use NERO and it is my favorite but there is a good program that you can download off the net for free. Its called Deepburner and it is very easy to use. Once installed you can basically drag files from the explore window to the burn window and click burn. There is a graph at the bottom of the page that shows how much info can be put on the disc.
Just look for the free version in the downloads section
http://www.deepburner.com/

Brad77
01-26-2009, 07:30 AM
Actually I forgot to ask what format those music vids are in. If they are .avi files then the program I mentioned will work just fine for that. Just burn the type as a DATA dvd.
Since you mentioned DIVx I am guessing they are probably .avi files.

TGW_400ex
01-26-2009, 01:28 PM
I would use roxio it come on most computers with burners....