PDA

View Full Version : ball joint

dbkbushwacker
01-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Anyone break a ball joint yet? I did, I guess ridin every weekend for a over a year. Plus I don't thing weighing 260+ and jumping is good for a stock ball joint.

crixal
01-25-2009, 08:49 PM
dang. do you have it fixed yet?

joeyds450x
01-25-2009, 09:08 PM
nice job! wut do ya got on there for handlebars? wut did ya do to the bumper?

dbkbushwacker
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Not yet, it just happened today. I'm upset at my dealer because I had them look at them when I took my quad in last month for recall work. I noticed some play in the joint but they said it was ok. I'm taking it to my dealer again and telling them to fix it. Lucky for me I was going around a bush when I heard a scratching noise from the front wheel and 5ft later it pop out. Hey crixal I think you convinced me to get the Rossier exhaust from ur posts and video clips.

dbkbushwacker
01-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
nice job! wut do ya got on there for handlebars? wut did ya do to the bumper?

The handle bars are from my old predator 500 I used to have. I'm 5'10'' and the stock ones were too short for me, they'll do until I can get a new +2 steering stem. When I first bought my quad I ran out of fuel and had to tow it back to the truck, and i guess the top loop is not strong enough to tow from.

joeyds450x
01-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by dbkbushwacker
The handle bars are from my old predator 500 I used to have. I'm 5'10'' and the stock ones were too short for me, they'll do until I can get a new +2 steering stem. When I first bought my quad I ran out of fuel and had to tow it back to the truck, and i guess the top loop is not strong enough to tow from.

lol i guess not.. i run mine without a bumper for now im just running rivers so its fine till spring ya i have the x package riser and its still not tall enough for me and im 6' 1 i wanna get the lonestar + 2 or +3 im not sure yet... i see powermadd has a riser i might buy its cheeper than a new stem

crixal
01-25-2009, 09:37 PM
check your PMs, bush