PDA

View Full Version : fuel pump problem

andiboy123
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
today i was going to ride my bike and the fuel pump didnt activate when i turn the switch on. all my fuse were ok.

any body knows where is the relay of the pump located?
any body experience this problem?

dbkbushwacker
01-25-2009, 08:05 PM
My fuel pump went out too, I took it to the dealer and got it replaced under warranty. The pump is in the tank I believe.

andiboy123
01-26-2009, 06:33 AM
but what they told you on the dealer that was wrong? why it when down?

dbkbushwacker
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by andiboy123
but what they told you on the dealer that was wrong? why it when down?

My service writer said it shorted out.

TNT
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM
Two indications your ECM is not working…..fuel pump does not turn on for 5 secs when turning the key on engine stop to Run or the brake light wont come on. There are a series of continuity test you perform at the ECM but you need an adapter. First make sure your battery is good and the main fuse, ECM and injector/ignition fuse, then you have to check ECM grounds at pin locations or check the harness case grounds right above the clutch(2, one at engine by starter and one to frame). Then you check power to the ECM. The main relay controls the injector through its fuse check pull it out and put a neighboring one in its place.

The fuel pump relay is right next to the main and cooling fan relays(3 in a row. main in middle) you can swap the cooling fan of the same type with the fuel or main and see if it works.

CashCrew
01-26-2009, 08:52 PM
The problem ended up being a bad relay. Item #7 in the electical drawing, can am part # 710001010.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Thanks to Johnny and the Motoworks crew for all their help!!!!

andiboy123
01-27-2009, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by CashCrew
The problem ended up being a bad relay. Item #7 in the electical drawing, can am part # 710001010.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Special Thanks to Johnny and the Motoworks crew for all their help!!!!

thats the check engine lamp
SKU: 710001010
Pilot Lamp, Engine

and tnt1 on the relays you told me
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v497/ANDIBOY123/1-8.jpg

if you see in the pic the middle relay is the main but the ona on the left is the fan relay and the one in the rigth is the lamps relay

TNT
01-27-2009, 06:51 AM
Glad you found the prob, Im keeping an xtra relay on hand after seeing this.

andiboy123
01-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by TNT1
Glad you found the prob, Im keeping an xtra relay on hand after seeing this.
no man hehe problem still there, today im going to check everything but it doesnt said it is the fuel pump relay but maybee 2 morrow i will tell thanks any way

TNT
01-27-2009, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by andiboy123
no man hehe problem still there, today im going to check everything but it doesnt said it is the fuel pump relay but maybee 2 morrow i will tell thanks any way

That head lamp relay is the fuel pump relay your diagram is wrong. Looking at the wire diagram, the head lamps power comes off a bus wire outside the ECM to the nuetral lamp to a multifunction switch(hi/low) not a relay, then to handle bar switch.

Try and swap that fan relay with it and see if your pump comes on. :D

andiboy123
01-27-2009, 11:01 AM
That head lamp relay is the fuel pump relay your diagram is wrong. Looking at the wire diagram, the head lamps power comes off a bus wire outside the ECM to the nuetral lamp to a multifunction switch(hi/low) not a relay, then to handle bar switch.

Try and swap that fan relay with it and see if your pump comes on. :D

2 nigth i will let you know!!!!!!!! hope is that pump is almost 300 and the dealer i got my ride never send the warrantee forms so im not covered

TNT
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
Yeah try that relay swap then check resistance on the pump s/b 1 ohm at pin 3-4 and check incoming harness voltage s/b batt voltage at pin 3-4 for 5 secs when you turn on the key then drop to 6vdc for 1 sec then 0. Remove the red plastic pin lock connector insert by tabs on sides. PIN 1-2-3-4 from right to left looking at connector. Let me know then we'll go from there.

Better yet hope its not your ECM.

andiboy123
01-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Yeah try that relay swap then check resistance on the pump s/b 1 ohm at pin 3-4 and check incoming harness voltage s/b batt voltage at pin 3-4 for 5 secs when you turn on the key then drop to 6vdc for 1 sec then 0. Remove the red plastic pin lock connector insert by tabs on sides. PIN 1-2-3-4 from right to left looking at connector. Let me know then we'll go from there.

Better yet hope its not your ECM.

from now on you will become my personal tech
did everything like YOU SAID and puff atv runnig!!!! an to let you know i also took the genesis out, am a very educated person and you told me to so i did!!!!!!!

THANKS ,AND FOR EVERYBODY, THIS IS WHY THERE IS NO OTHER FORUM BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!