PDA

View Full Version : Modded brake light on 03 400 w/ pic

Dicestyle1912
01-25-2009, 06:43 PM
I bought my 03 400 and it didn't have a tail light. I wanted one that got brighter when I hit the brake, like a actual brAKE Light. IN case u didn't know older 400ex's only have parking lights when your headlights come one, no brake light. So i got a used led brake light off of a 07 450r. I ran My ground and my constant. And for the brake light I had to order a banjo bolt for my rear master cylinder with a switch in it. It is a 10x1.25 thread. Once i did all that I just fabbed some brackets up and it looks factory, How U guys think it looks?

alberto
01-25-2009, 10:44 PM
SICK:)

can you post a closer pic? I would like to see it up close. I had planned on doing this same thing. I would like to see the brackets.

01-26-2009, 07:18 AM
wow...i have never seen any of this done before...

oh wait...there are many threads on it already...did it to mine, AGAIN, last year shortly after i traded my 450r for the 400ex...

Dicestyle1912
01-26-2009, 01:10 PM
Allright I wll get closer pic and for the record I knew that there are already threads out there like this because I looked at them before I did mine, but just wanted to share with you guys a newer thread and wanted your guys opinon on how It looked..

Dicestyle1912
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
This here is the Actual mount. I couldn't use the old holes on the grab bar So i just drilled two new ones above the old ones and just got a small piece of metal and drilled a hole in both ends of it and bolted it up. I put a small rubber bushing/washer behind the bolt on my tail light so it would give it a little give. (My tail light didn't come with a pigtail on it so I had to Solder wires on, so thats why you see orange wiring goin directly into it)

Dicestyle1912
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Heres the Banjo Bolt Just unscrew old one and put new one in. (I had to bleed my brakes once I was done)

SWITCH THE PICTURES AROUND...MY BAD =]

alberto
01-26-2009, 09:47 PM
Thats weird I thought this forum was all about posting THREADS of people making mods to their quads. We all know there have been many threads with the same topics, but each one is different in their own way.

Dicestyle1912,

the light and switch look good. Thanks for the close ups:)