PDA

View Full Version : Polaris Huge $770,000 atv contigency program

GE4x4
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
2009 atv program (http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/ATV/2009/Pages/grassroots.aspx)

What nice about it, all year Pred and Outlaws can be used to get the $$. Not just the newest like others. Also, youth are involved to.

IdahoMX
01-25-2009, 06:11 PM
Maybe they figure if they throw enough money at it sombody will win on a polaris

GE4x4
01-25-2009, 06:28 PM
You get the right rider on any quad, and they will win. But you have to give cudos for them by supporting the racers in a very tuff economic times when others are cutting back. I like to support those who support the sport.:macho

IdahoMX
01-25-2009, 06:35 PM
I will agree with you on that but how do you go from being a dominate #1 to 5-10 place with a few DNFs mixed in and the only factor is switching quads?

GE4x4
01-25-2009, 06:57 PM
I'm asumming your talking about Eichner?? Well when your 42+ racing on pro row against 20+ year old guys, your domanate string will end. But to his defense, his 1st year was on the IRS and only lost one position to #2. Last year was his first year again on the Polaris as he went to the SRA Outlaw. The 1st race less then 1/2 the field finished due to racing in pond conditions. Then I believe hi other DNF was a crash. But still got a #5. But he also won the Championship in Open Pro at the quadcross last year. But again, his age will catch up. But at 44 I believe is his age now, he still is doing quite well against the young guys/ He got 5th today at the WORCS with 30 in the class. Not bad for 44.:cool:

IdahoMX
01-25-2009, 07:47 PM
He can keep pace with the younger riders for sure and at his age that is saying somthing. But it doesnt seem to me that he is as fast on the polaris as the honda. Dont get me wrong, I am not a honda fan since they have not updated there race quad. I have had about every brand there is just depending on what I feel siuts me best at the time. I am on a LTR 450 right now but I REALLY dont like zuki but when I bought it it was the best for me at that time. I am more pro yamaha then anything but until this year they have not come out with what I want. Just sems like polaris is trying to make there quad more of a dual purpose versus mx or trail specific. And that makes for a OK quad for either but not great at anything.

scuzz
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Polaris has come a long, long way in the past 4-5 years.

GJ Polaris!

Dan_Guetter
01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Polaris has come a long, long way in the past 4-5 years.

GJ Polaris!

No kidding, their farm equipment kicks arse!!