PDA

View Full Version : Pro-Circuit T4 power ?

11-14-2001, 03:52 PM
im not sure whether to get a white bros e-series or a T4. i no the T4 is all about low and mid and thats why im leaning toward it. im gonna start running mostly on mx tracks and im afraid the e-series wont give me the power i crave in the bottom end. the e-series will carry the gear higher and the t4 will cause me to shift sooner. i would like people who run these pipes on tracks and trails. im also really strongly considering the Bills thunder pipe but i have about zero info on it and i dont want to be the test dummy. i already have a k&n jet kit and filter so thats taken care of. also, i only want the slip, in the future i might get a powerbong header. later

keep it real:devil

riz400
11-14-2001, 04:22 PM
The Pro Circuit does have a little more low end than the E-Series but it is a little louder. I just bought the new style Big Gun complete system and will be selling my T4 slip-on. Let me know if your interested.

sly400ex
11-14-2001, 05:00 PM
Definately go with the T-4. I stright away raced a guy this weekend with the e-series, and I pulled him very hard off the line and ended up beating him by a couple of bikes. On a track, you just can't beat the T-4. Sounds great too, I get a lot of complimants for it's "tough" sound. The pipe is just great.

3hondas
11-14-2001, 09:01 PM
sly400ex said it just like it is and it is just like that.

11-15-2001, 07:33 AM
T-4 is the way to go, E-series was and is a trendy thing. When you compare bang for your buck. Not trying to start a argument, my buddy shelled out about 4 hundy for his E-series complete system and K&N power kit, while I paid $189 for the slip on, $20 for a UNI filter, and $4 for a couple of jets. Guess who pulls who, I was pretty shocked at first, cause we are pretty much same weight and all. A good solid pipe.

11-15-2001, 11:37 AM
yeah, thats what ive been figuring, i just wanted some input from someone who actually runs a T4. thanks guys. ill probably be gettin one sometime in the near future.

inacoma91
11-15-2001, 02:28 PM
I have had the T-4 for about 5 months now and i am very happy that i got it. Like everybody else said bang for the buck T-4 is the way to go. I think it performs its best in the mid range. I did the jet kit, T-4, Twin air filter, Holes in airbox and ground out welds in the header all at the same time and it definitly was a wake up call.........

Andrew
Thunder Racing

riz400
11-15-2001, 04:39 PM
Here is a pic of my T4.

WB400ex
11-15-2001, 04:46 PM
white bros e series is a very good pipe. ive never ridden a pro circuit so i dont know about that one

Foxrage
11-15-2001, 05:19 PM
how did you get you pro to polish like that it looks good.

RAPTORAZ
11-15-2001, 07:10 PM
Well, my findings have been quite different. I have an E-Series(18 discs) and my buddy has a T-4. I take him off the line and never look back. The White Bros. with 18 discs is quite different compared to the stock 12 discs. The difference in noice between the two is dramatic. The E-Series is low and grumbly versus the T-4 is VERY loud.

generalg
11-15-2001, 09:09 PM
Just thought I would throw in a picture of my soon to be 99EX that I picking up on Saturday. As you can see the T4 is polished like none other I have seen before.

11-16-2001, 10:39 AM
i agree that a wb is better on the raptor cuz it has tons of lowend already. but unfortunately, the 400 needs some low end so id say the T4 is the best.

RAPTORAZ
11-16-2001, 05:57 PM
Actually INSANE400EX, I was referring to mine and my buddies 400EX's. My Raptor has a T-4 on it. It sounds tough but I didn't notice much of a gain in performance even after rejetting. BTW a Raptor with a T-4 is OBNOXIOUSLY loud.

Leo
11-16-2001, 08:16 PM
People that have ridden my 400 have been impressed with the low-mid range boost from the T4 (one runs a DG, the other an E-series)..

Right now I'm running the quiet core in it, it's still a long way from quiet but it takes quite a bit of the 'bark' out of it..

The biggest problem in this area is most places I ride I need to put the stocker back on to keep the peace.. Better to ride quiet than not at all. Whenever I get a chance I slap on the T4 and let 'er rip though.

I'm very happy with the overal construction / power gains of the pipe, more than I ever dreamed from a slip-on (to be honest I thought all you gained was more noise!).

Some people reported quality problems with older versions of the T4, so before buying a used one on ebay or something be sure to verify the age, as they have changed it a few times since it's introduction..

Leo

indygncc
11-21-2001, 09:39 PM
The T4 is a good pipe for racing, but the first thing you should do is take the loud thing off right when you get home. I think the thing is to loud to ride anywhere but a race track or a riding park. I take mine off and just settle for less power when Im not racing it.