PDA

View Full Version : Fedor Destruction

2000ex
01-24-2009, 10:21 PM
Was losing the standup game to Andre for the first 3 minutes, then took advantage of his mistake and KO'd him cold when coming in with a flying knee.

Nobody on this planet can touch him...he is changing gears before you even think about it.

deathcorefan2
01-25-2009, 01:47 AM
oh crap i was gonna see when that fight was but i guess its over

DANNNNG

what do you think about GSP v. BJ Penn?

glad to see another MMA fan here.

Wheelie
01-25-2009, 09:40 AM
I hope GSP whoops BJ's arse. GSP is a good champion, very humble. BJ has a poor attitude and some of his recent post fight antics have been lacking in class to say the least.

After BJ loses to GSP, ol' Kenflo is going to take the 155 belt--I hope.

Edit:

Fedor is arguably the best fighter in the world. The guy isn't human, he's so calm when he steps into the ring that it looks like he could take a nap.

With little effort, I think he could make weight at 205 and dominate LH as well.

insaneracin2003
01-25-2009, 10:48 AM
AWSOME...more MMA fans!!!!
I agree with the Kenflo statemant....dude is an animal....I am not so sure though about GSP beating BJ Penn. I like Penn and GSP but I like Penn just a tad more on the ground. Crazy BJJ anf flexable as hell. Not taking anything away from GSP who is very humble being champion and very grateful. But I think Penn is gonna beat the dawg outta him....

ALAMX37
01-25-2009, 11:52 AM
Bj Penn is a punk. He is a spoiled rich kid with a crappy attitude and pathetic work ethic. He is very fortunate to have survived this long on skill alone. I hope St. Pierre walks through him then tells him what a b!tch he is on TV. As for Fedor, I honestly think he if anyone can put fear into any opponent.

madskrillz2
01-25-2009, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by ALAMX37
Bj Penn is a punk. He is a spoiled rich kid with a crappy attitude and pathetic work ethic. He is very fortunate to have survived this long on skill alone. I hope St. Pierre walks through him then tells him what a b!tch he is on TV. As for Fedor, I honestly think he if anyone can put fear into any opponent.

Not defending BJ in anyway cause I can't stand him, but he has completely rededicated himself to the game. He used to fight on skill alone but he has a totally different mindset now. I still think GSP will beat him, but I also think BJ is gonna give him some fits. I mean, they're first fight was controversial.

On the Fedor note, the guy just isn't normal. I actually think he was getting beat fairly decisively until he KO'd Arlovski. He can just come out of nowhere with ANYTHING.

drgnerth
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I'm tired of Fedor. He's so good i can't wait to see someone destroy him. I hope BJ walks through GSP since the judges screwed him in the first fight.

quad2xtreme
01-25-2009, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by drgnerth
I'm tired of Fedor. He's so good i can't wait to see someone destroy him. I hope BJ walks through GSP since the judges screwed him in the first fight.

The only one who is going to beat Fedor is father time.

deathcorefan2
01-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by drgnerth

agree. he got screwed the first time around.

what do you guys think about the 205 class?
i hope rampage knocks rashad out. rashad is a punk.

Wheelie
01-26-2009, 09:03 AM
Rashad is a showboater, atleast he shows class and respect. I like Rampage, but I don't think he's got the skill set to knock Rashad out.

Penn didn't get screwed out of a decision. Penn won the first round, no doubt, St. Pierre got his stuff together on the next two rounds to grind out the decision. It was a close fight, but Penn didn't get jacked.

madskrillz2
01-26-2009, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie
Rashad is a showboater, atleast he shows class and respect. I like Rampage, but I don't think he's got the skill set to knock Rashad out.

Penn didn't get screwed out of a decision. Penn won the first round, no doubt, St. Pierre got his stuff together on the next two rounds to grind out the decision. It was a close fight, but Penn didn't get jacked.

Exactly. That was back when he wasn't dedicated to it like he is now. He just ran out of gas the last two rounds. Same exact thing happened when he fought Hughes the second time. Beat his *** the first round and just gassed out the latter rounds.

deathcorefan2
01-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Wheelie

no, rashad is not that good. rampage is a great fighter, only person to beat liddell twice, crazy slams, great standup. everything a 205er should be.

what do you guys think about lyoto machida? how long will he go undefeted? wil thiago beat him?

im going for machida..noone can say he hasnt fought great fighters, bonner, franklin, penn, tito ortiz, he has beat a lot of good fighters.

madskrillz2
01-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by deathcorefan2
no, rashad is not that good. rampage is a great fighter, only person to beat liddell twice, crazy slams, great standup. everything a 205er should be.

what do you guys think about lyoto machida? how long will he go undefeted? wil thiago beat him?

im going for machida..noone can say he hasnt fought great fighters, bonner, franklin, penn, tito ortiz, he has beat a lot of good fighters.

Either you just don't like Rashad or you don't pay attention. Rashad is just like Machida. He has beaten all kinds of great competition. Even though he isn't my favorite, you can't discredit the guy. Not saying Rashad is better than Rampage, but he put away Forrest when Rampage couldn't. People don't realize how athletic the guy is and that comes into play A LOT.

As for Machida; he is due for a title shot. I personally can't stand the way he fights but he has also beat everyone they've put in front of him.

Wheelie
01-27-2009, 08:08 PM
That is one thing I don't understand about the UFC. Some guys can win 5 or more fights in a row in their respective weight class without a title shot. Others get a title shot after 1 or 2 fights---Lesnar and Anderson Silva are the first 2 that come to mind. Granted Anderson fought in Pride, however, he was given a title shot in the UFC after 1 fight.

Rashad is a very good fighter, his record and opponent he's beaten says it all.

2000ex
01-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Bottom line it is about what sells fights.

Lesnar has a huge PPV draw due to his time in the WWE. Although he has limited experience in the MMA game the guy puts the butts in the seats and sell's the PPV's.

He has a long way to go experience wise, but athletically he has few peers. Amazing natural combination of strength, size, speed and athleticism all wrapped into one. Once he truely puts everything together he may be the only man to challenge Fedor down the road.

madskrillz2
01-27-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by 2000ex
Bottom line it is about what sells fights.

Lesnar has a huge PPV draw due to his time in the WWE. Although he has limited experience in the MMA game the guy puts the butts in the seats and sell's the PPV's.

He has a long way to go experience wise, but athletically he has few peers. Amazing natural combination of strength, size, speed and athleticism all wrapped into one. Once he truely puts everything together he may be the only man to challenge Fedor down the road.

Yeah. He is about the only guy from the WWE that is legit. Give him 2 years and he will be just scary. He could very well be the next person in line to hold the title of greatest in the world.

deathcorefan2
01-27-2009, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Yeah. He is about the only guy from the WWE that is legit. Give him 2 years and he will be just scary. He could very well be the next person in line to hold the title of greatest in the world.

we will never see fedor lose to brock.

fedor has fought bigger guys.

he fought hong man choi. that is the biggest man in MMA. people dont understand this about fedor, he has so much skill, it is unreal. he doesnt need strength, he will get brock to get him in half guard. then surprise! armbar. end.

madskrillz2
01-28-2009, 10:28 AM
we will never see fedor lose to brock.

fedor has fought bigger guys.

he fought hong man choi. that is the biggest man in MMA. people dont understand this about fedor, he has so much skill, it is unreal. he doesnt need strength, he will get brock to get him in half guard. then surprise! armbar. end.

I never said he would beat Fedor. I just said I think he'll eventually be the best in the world. I know Fedor would walk right through him now. Personally, I think there are more than a handful of heavyweights that could beat him (Lesnar) decisively. Believe me, I know who Fedor has beat. Heck, Randy Couture was beating Brock until he got caught by that punch. Just give the guy a few years and time to actually really learn the sport. By then, Fedor could be retired or coming towards the end of his career. Who knows?

TheIceMan
01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
If AA had stuck with his striking/standup,he might (might being the key here)have pulled off a win,but had to go flying-knee and get belted out of the sky.
As far as GSP/Penn 2,hmm kinda hard to call.George will win if he can utilize his wrestling and keep Penn against the cage,working him over.Penn will win the stand up game in the middle of the octagon,picking him apart like he did to Sherk,dont even get me going on Penns' JJ,I swear that guys legs are made of rubber!
IMO 1-2 rounds,Penn better KO or submit him .After that,GSP all the way.It's gonna be a good one.

quad2xtreme
01-28-2009, 02:44 PM
lol, yea the whole sport would be different if not for that punch that manages to get through the opponents defense. That is the same punch that could allow Brock to knock Fedor out. Not likely but we've all seen unlikely occurences in the mma scene over the past 2 years especially. Brock is a freak of nature when it comes to size and speed. If it went to the ground, Brock would be in trouble. Noth that Fedor has the best ground game in the sport but he is so far ahead of the others in the heavyweight division it isn't even funny.

Barring a stupid lucky knockout by either guy in the first 30 seconds, the GSP/Penn fight is probably 60/40 in favor of GSP. The main reason being that I think GSP may over power Penn a bit since he will be coming in at a much higher weight. I hear Penn walks around at 170 lbs right now whereas GSP will be close to 185 at fight time. It could favor Penn though if GSP cut too much weight. The other thing I read is that Penn hasn't been doing strength training...all cardio. I have a feeling Penn is ready for 5 rounds. The human rubber band could pull this one out. This is a fools bet. I wouldn't bet a $1 on this fight.

After Saturday, all these "IMO" posts won't matter. :p ;)

deathcorefan2
01-28-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
lol, yea the whole sport would be different if not for that punch that manages to get through the opponents defense. That is the same punch that could allow Brock to knock Fedor out. Not likely but we've all seen unlikely occurences in the mma scene over the past 2 years especially. Brock is a freak of nature when it comes to size and speed. If it went to the ground, Brock would be in trouble. Noth that Fedor has the best ground game in the sport but he is so far ahead of the others in the heavyweight division it isn't even funny.

Barring a stupid lucky knockout by either guy in the first 30 seconds, the GSP/Penn fight is probably 60/40 in favor of GSP. The main reason being that I think GSP may over power Penn a bit since he will be coming in at a much higher weight. I hear Penn walks around at 170 lbs right now whereas GSP will be close to 185 at fight time. It could favor Penn though if GSP cut too much weight. The other thing I read is that Penn hasn't been doing strength training...all cardio. I have a feeling Penn is ready for 5 rounds. The human rubber band could pull this one out. This is a fools bet. I wouldn't bet a $1 on this fight.

After Saturday, all these "IMO" posts won't matter. :p ;)

ROFLMFAO!!
knock fedor out?
i am gonna go out on a limb and say youve never seen him fight fujita?
fujita landed a dead punch on his chin, he wobbled, then got back into it.

quad2xtreme
01-28-2009, 05:32 PM
ROFLMFAO!!
knock fedor out?

Yea, I know the fight. Kazuyuki hit him hard and wobbled him but couldn't land another punch and couldn't get out of Fedor's grasp while he recovered. That fight was 5 or 6 years ago. I hardly put Fujita at the top of the power punchers though. He lost more of his fights by getting knocked out himself that those he won by knockout.

The fact remains that every man walking the planet can be knocked out by a strike. Fujita could have knocked him out with another good punch. Fedor was still wobbling at the end of that fight...several minutes later. I am not at all surprised that Fedor had the power to win that fight by knockout either. I've seen many boxers on the verge of going down land a punch to knock the other fighter out cold. Instinct and adrenaline are a very powerful combination.

I am guessing you are one of the sherdog posters who gave Serra 0% chance of beating GSP amongst all the other "guaranteed" fights. I am only saying that no fight is 100% guaranteed...even if the God of MMA is in the ring.

madskrillz2
01-28-2009, 06:08 PM
ROFLMFAO!!
knock fedor out?

He didn't "get back into it". Did you forget that Fedor was still stumbling all over the place after he had won the fight? He acted like he didn't even know where he was.

madskrillz2
01-28-2009, 06:11 PM

I am guessing you are one of the sherdog posters who gave Serra 0% chance of beating GSP amongst all the other "guaranteed" fights. I am only saying that no fight is 100% guaranteed...even if the God of MMA is in the ring.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you are correct. Haha as they say over on Sherdog, he's a Fedor nuthugger. I don't post on Sherdog but I've looked at enough threads to know how everything goes over there. That place is just a cess pit of arguments, nuthuggery, and just ignorance.

quad2xtreme
01-28-2009, 06:40 PM
I don't post on Sherdog but I've looked at enough threads to know how everything goes over there. That place is just a cess pit of arguments, nuthuggery, and just ignorance.

Yea, I don't post enough on Sherdog that I will be a newbie white belt forever. Honestly, I went there trying to collect info so I could gamble on some of the fights. I quickly learned that you don't go with the concensus of posters on that site. It isn't like the fans who pick football games on Yahoo!. For the most part they are very accurate and do better as a whole than the sports writers.

Sherdog needs to force people to pick all the fights then you only get "rank" if you have a good enough percentage record.

deathcorefan2
01-28-2009, 09:11 PM
He didn't "get back into it". Did you forget that Fedor was still stumbling all over the place after he had won the fight? He acted like he didn't even know where he was.

BUT HE STILL WON THE FIGHT.:rolleyes:

madskrillz2
01-28-2009, 09:14 PM
BUT HE STILL WON THE FIGHT.:rolleyes:

Ok.......I was just saying he was still half way out of it. You acted like he just perked up like nothing happened and went about his business. That's the point I was making. Now go hug on his nuts some more.

deathcorefan2
01-28-2009, 09:21 PM
Ok.......I was just saying he was still half way out of it. You acted like he just perked up like nothing happened and went about his business. That's the point I was making. Now go hug on his nuts some more.

yeah i mean he isnt good or anything..
he only beat like..idk EVERYONE. cro crop, sylvia, anyone who is put in front of him he will kill. so no. im not hugging on his nuts, he is just good, get over it bro.

madskrillz2
01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
yeah i mean he isnt good or anything..
he only beat like..idk EVERYONE. cro crop, sylvia, anyone who is put in front of him he will kill. so no. im not hugging on his nuts, he is just good, get over it bro.

I KNOW HE IS GOOD, JESUS! I've already said that a thousand times. Where did I say he isn't good? You don't have to tell me everyone he has beat either. Believe me, I know. That's what I mean by hugging his nuts. It's like you have to make absolutely sure I know that he is good. I bet you're one of those that thinks you know everything about MMA just because you watch The Ultimate Fighter.

extremeblastr
01-29-2009, 10:43 AM
I KNOW HE IS GOOD, JESUS! I've already said that a thousand times. Where did I say he isn't good? You don't have to tell me everyone he has beat either. Believe me, I know. That's what I mean by hugging his nuts. It's like you have to make absolutely sure I know that he is good. I bet you're one of those that thinks you know everything about MMA just because you watch The Ultimate Fighter.

ha i know more about mma then everyone just cuz i have a dog named max

deathcorefan2
01-29-2009, 04:15 PM

thats funny, because i love mma, and have for a long time, but i have never watched the ultimate fighter..idk why.
hahaha.

so since you think brock will be "scary".
you should just get off his nuts.

lol

madskrillz2
01-29-2009, 05:27 PM
thats funny, because i love mma, and have for a long time, but i have never watched the ultimate fighter..idk why.
hahaha.

so since you think brock will be "scary".
you should just get off his nuts.

lol

I'm not the one repeatedly stating that HE IS GOOD, HE IS GOOD, HE IS GOOD. Nice try though

deathcorefan2
01-29-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm not the one repeatedly stating that HE IS GOOD, HE IS GOOD, HE IS GOOD. Nice try though

its the truth, so whats the problem?

madskrillz2
01-29-2009, 05:32 PM
its the truth, so whats the problem?

Because almost every time you reply back it's not even relevant to what I said in the post you're replying to.

Flyin_250r
01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
Heres a thought for the ones thinking BJ Penn has completely rededicated himself... How come on the primetime show he says himself about training the exact same way for the last 10 years and if anyone wants to tell him differently they must want a smack? Hes fighting at the weight that he should have been fighting at all along, which is 155. Really what has he done to deserve another crack at the WW belt? Can anyone remember the last fight he won at WW? I believe it was against Hughes, how many years ago? UFC just knows itll make good coin.

With that said, if it ends early i think Penn will win, if it gets past the 3rd, GSP has it

Also, i agree with the comments about Fedor, he is the G.O.A.T. If he loses itll be a fluke and unexpected. I wonder if he'll finally sign with the UFC once Allficition folds, which should be soon i think.....

madskrillz2
01-29-2009, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Flyin_250r
Heres a thought for the ones thinking BJ Penn has completely rededicated himself... How come on the primetime show he says himself about training the exact same way for the last 10 years and if anyone wants to tell him differently they must want a smack? Hes fighting at the weight that he should have been fighting at all along, which is 155. Really what has he done to deserve another crack at the WW belt? Can anyone remember the last fight he won at WW? I believe it was against Hughes, how many years ago? UFC just knows itll make good coin.

With that said, if it ends early i think Penn will win, if it gets past the 3rd, GSP has it

Also, i agree with the comments about Fedor, he is the G.O.A.T. If he loses itll be a fluke and unexpected. I wonder if he'll finally sign with the UFC once Allficition folds, which should be soon i think.....

I didn't watch the primetime show so I didn't hear that one. I dunno though. I know when he first came onto the scene he trained hard. Then at some point I guess he kinda lost interest. I mean he never gave an explanation as to why he walked away from the WW belt. Then he came back thinking he could win on skill alone and obviously that didn't work out. I know he had been training hard at 155. Just watch the Sherk fight and that'll show you the gas tank he had. I'm not sure about this fight. He walks around at 170ish so he might not be pushing as hard so who knows.

quad2xtreme
01-29-2009, 06:14 PM
Also, i agree with the comments about Fedor, he is the G.O.A.T. If he loses itll be a fluke and unexpected.

At least you get the fact that every fighter can be beat even if it is a fluke and unexpected. The Fujita fight shows Fedor can be rocked (and not recover quickly), his last fight shows that he can't defend well against someone with quick hands, and beating Choi shows nothing. Choi has fought 3 times and lost 2 of those. He only beat a guy who managed to win 2 of his fights against winless opponents. Basically, Choi is a big, unskilled fighter.

So basically what I am saying too is that Fedor is the greatest heavyweight to ever fight in the sport but that he could suffer an unexpected loss. I only wish Fedor was smaller and fighting at 185 or 205. I would like to see him fight some guys who possess more skills than you see in the rest of the heavyweight division. Even Randy wasn't a true heavyweight.

deathcorefan2
01-29-2009, 06:26 PM
At least you get the fact that every fighter can be beat even if it is a fluke and unexpected. The Fujita fight shows Fedor can be rocked (and not recover quickly), his last fight shows that he can't defend well against someone with quick hands, and beating Choi shows nothing. Choi has fought 3 times and lost 2 of those. He only beat a guy who managed to win 2 of his fights against winless opponents. Basically, Choi is a big, unskilled fighter.

So basically what I am saying too is that Fedor is the greatest heavyweight to ever fight in the sport but that he could suffer an unexpected loss. I only wish Fedor was smaller and fighting at 185 or 205. I would like to see him fight some guys who possess more skills than you see in the rest of the heavyweight division. Even Randy wasn't a true heavyweight.

205 would be awesome, and dana white said that fedor sucks. LMFAO.

i hope penn murders that french canadian. i hate his accent lol but i have to give credit where credit is due, he is good. but i hope BJ beats him.

and i hope Mir kills Lesner.

Flyin_250r
01-29-2009, 06:27 PM
I watched the Sherk fight. Honestly, i dont think that proved much at all as far as Penns cardio goes. Sherk decided to stand up with Penn the entire fight which was an idiotic choice obviously. Penn probably has some of the best hands as far as standup goes. He kick GSP *** in the first round because St.Pierre obviously wasnt expecting that. Everyone worries about his bjj, which they should, but he does have good hands as well and heavy. If penn comes to the weigh ins at right on 170, i think thats a mistake. The thing im wondering is BJ always says that GSP keeps him motivated, so what happens to BJ if GSP beats him again? Will he flop even in the 155 division after?

Fedors fight again Choi proved absolutely nothing. Choi was a K1 fighter with 0 ground game. I mean give me a break, Fedor won how many years straight in sambo? Obviously he was going to submit him as soon as he got him down and controlled. Time will tell how far Fedor goes, personally i think he'll quit while on top and leave everyone wondering the "what if" questions.....

deathcorefan2
01-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I watched the Sherk fight. Honestly, i dont think that proved much at all as far as Penns cardio goes. Sherk decided to stand up with Penn the entire fight which was an idiotic choice obviously. Penn probably has some of the best hands as far as standup goes. He kick GSP *** in the first round because St.Pierre obviously wasnt expecting that. Everyone worries about his bjj, which they should, but he does have good hands as well and heavy. If penn comes to the weigh ins at right on 170, i think thats a mistake. The thing im wondering is BJ always says that GSP keeps him motivated, so what happens to BJ if GSP beats him again? Will he flop even in the 155 division after?

Fedors fight again Choi proved absolutely nothing. Choi was a K1 fighter with 0 ground game. I mean give me a break, Fedor won how many years straight in sambo? Obviously he was going to submit him as soon as he got him down and controlled. Time will tell how far Fedor goes, personally i think he'll quit while on top and leave everyone wondering the "what if" questions.....

yeah that or he will pull a liddell...dominate, get old and get whooped.

Flyin_250r
01-29-2009, 06:37 PM
I dont think Fedor will stick around real long. Hes already established a legecy and you can tell already that hes more focused on bringing up the other Red Devil fighters from Russia. Thats partly why he didnt sign with the UFC because he wanted some of his training partners brought in as well and a few events in Russia.

Liddell I think should quit thinking about the title and just focus on one or 2 SuperFights. He sells ppv's. So the ufc will milk it as long as they can. If he loses to Shogun in MTL. Hes done if you ask me. Dana White keeps on protecting him giving him people that are close to a title shot in hopes that Chuck beats them and then he can swing back in for a title shot. I bet they would have paired him against Forrest had he not broke his hand. Chuck beats the previous title holder, oh that must mean hes #1 contender (in ufc's eyes)

Oh well its a never ending battle, just enjoy it, its a sport and everyone has their opinions. Anything can happen in a fight remember.....

deathcorefan2
01-29-2009, 06:40 PM
I dont think Fedor will stick around real long. Hes already established a legecy and you can tell already that hes more focused on bringing up the other Red Devil fighters from Russia. Thats partly why he didnt sign with the UFC because he wanted some of his training partners brought in as well and a few events in Russia.

Liddell I think should quit thinking about the title and just focus on one or 2 SuperFights. He sells ppv's. So the ufc will milk it as long as they can. If he loses to Shogun in MTL. Hes done if you ask me. Dana White keeps on protecting him giving him people that are close to a title shot in hopes that Chuck beats them and then he can swing back in for a title shot. I bet they would have paired him against Forrest had he not broke his hand. Chuck beats the previous title holder, oh that must mean hes #1 contender (in ufc's eyes)

Oh well its a never ending battle, just enjoy it, its a sport and everyone has their opinions. Anything can happen in a fight remember.....

i think if he beat shogun and forrest he should have another title shot.
but i think rampage liddell 3 is in order before that. i'd LOVE to buy that fight again. i just wish it would go differently this time. but i think rashad got lucky..if you look at the replay, liddell had an uppercut coming the same time, rashad just got there faster, i think if he landed the uppercut that would have been mean.

Flyin_250r
01-29-2009, 06:46 PM
To be honest with you. I think Rampage is making a mistake with taking the Jardine fight. Jardine has violent leg kicks and Rampages stance that he fights in is setup perfectly for them. Look at Jardines record, he wins one loses one, so hes do for a win lol. Im surprised he is still alive after Wanderlei knocked his block off.

I do think rampage will beat jardine, or he should anyways, but i wont be at all surprised if Jardine pulls out a decision win.

That shot Rashad landed on Chuck was absolutely perfect. Im a chuck fan and dont like Rashad, but man that KO was insane. Rashad is quick, im not surprised hes the champ, but i hope he continues to fight like he is and not protect the title and go back to laying on people to keep the belt.

madskrillz2
01-29-2009, 07:53 PM
That shot Rashad landed on Chuck was absolutely perfect. Im a chuck fan and dont like Rashad, but man that KO was insane. Rashad is quick, im not surprised hes the champ, but i hope he continues to fight like he is and not protect the title and go back to laying on people to keep the belt.

Yup. That's what I was gonna say. Fighters have finally figured out Chucks looping punches and are just beating him to the punch. I don't even think that uppercut would have landed in the first place. It's fighters like Rashad that I think are his Kryptonite. They're just too quick and athletic.

Wheelie
01-29-2009, 07:55 PM
Jardine doesn't match well with Rampage. Rampage punches hard and does well up close, Jardine has a bad history with hard hitters: Alexander and Wandi are prime examples of that. If Jardine doesn't get KO'd in the first round, and that's a big if, he has a chance.

As much as I like Liddel, he needs to evolve his style or end his career.