PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme Cranks

leager-n-ky
01-24-2009, 07:03 PM
LETS BEAT A DEAD HORSE, I HAVE THREE XTREME MOTORS IN THE BASEMENT NOW ALL WITH BROKEN CRANKS. I HAVE A NEW CRANK, AND A NEW CLUTCH BASKET AND EVERYTHING I NEED TO REBUILD ONE OF THEM , BUT IS IT EVEN WORTH IT? IS THERE ANYTHING YOU CAN DO TO THAT PIECE OF S#!T CRANK SO IT WILL HOLD UP, I REPLACED MY OLDEST BOY'S WITH A LIFAN 140 AND ITS BEEN GREAT, THINKING ABOUT DOING THE OTHER TWO THE SAME WAY. IS ANYONE BUYING THESE MOTORS TO BUILD ? THANKS I FEEL BETTER NOW.

Ride1Rob
01-24-2009, 07:38 PM
I don't know what's going on with your motors but I was on my sons 125 pulling 2nd gear power wheelies the other day. Motor is nice and built and NO CRANK PROBLEMS. I'll post a vid up tues or wed of the footage. I guess there's just some type of special crank in his bike :) .

asohagan
01-24-2009, 08:47 PM
i need one of those motors you have, how much would you get rid of one of those for? my sons trans just broke a tooth as i was getting loaded up for a race in tulsa in the morning. i probably should have not let him ride it one last time!
there is some people here in oklahoma building these motors to race. i am one of them. we race flat track/tt, these bikes are suited perfect to that kind of racing

double d 1
01-26-2009, 05:36 PM
where you racing at? we did the kellyville races last year on the tt and oval but can not make them this year as i'm having a motor sent to me in a few weeks. i put a new cam in and a hp piston in but i must have done something wrong because we went to the dunes and after an hour it quite running. thanks.

leager-n-ky
01-26-2009, 05:55 PM
make me an offer on one, I dont know how much shipping would be, they have fresh top ends, including timeing chains that we waited for 3 1/2 mnths for, and newer clutches with the cr3 springs, and new plates. All three broke after the boys started clearing doubles, I have heard something about the DRR's, if you land with the gas on, it messes the tranny up, is there something here if they should land with, or without the gas on????????

hanzito
01-26-2009, 06:55 PM
i switched over to a gpx 125 manual cluthc motor as soon as my son got the hang of the shifting. i have been running the gpx 125 and a yx 160 motor in his for the past two years problem free.

leager-n-ky
01-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes, We switched also, went to the Lifan 140, So far so good. I have the parts to fix one motor, so we are going to do that and finish this series, then put the 140's in the other two.

Ride1Rob
01-27-2009, 06:46 AM
I have heard something about landing with gas engaged may have something to do with it. That and the IRK have said to be two nono's. My son is now jumping as he has just started racing so we'll see if this crank craps out. But then again, he's not clearing any doubles lol. Regardless, if the motor holds up this season that'll be 2yrs on the bottom end. I'm pulling everything apart and probably going with a GPX crank.

drxracing
02-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Ride1Rob
we are still wating for the vids you said

Ride1Rob
02-03-2009, 05:36 AM
I'll get them posted. His bike had been running crappy this past week and had to track the problem down. he couldn't even race this past Sat. His magneto wiring was rubbing against the flywheel and damaged some of the electricals. Will try to get something up before the weekend.