PDA

View Full Version : hatfield mccoy

SicRipp83
01-24-2009, 05:20 PM
hey guys im heading down to hatfield and mccoy at the end of march and just woundering if anyone has been and if they had any input on what to bring or sites to see thanks

trailhouseowner
01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
First on the list: RAIN GEAR

Be prepared to dress in layers.

Weather is unpredictable.

trailhouseowner
01-24-2009, 06:01 PM
What trail system are you riding?

RATPACK Z400
01-24-2009, 08:16 PM
I went the first tear it opened and it was so rocky that i didn,t care to go back well the next year I went again with friends and was VERY impressed with the conditions of the trails they weren,t as rocky and tight.that place is alsome never ride without map made that mistake the first time and was lost for hours.they have so much more now to do there since Ive been,wanting to go back with riding group this spring if they go.

73watermutt
01-25-2009, 10:56 AM
We went in 2004 and had a blast!!!! Lots of mud though.

Jason Hall
01-25-2009, 01:00 PM
About 9 of us got together and went down last year. We had a blast. It Is VERY rocky In certain spots of the Browning fork trail. We had a couple guys with YFZ's shread their skid plate's completly off. The YFZ has 6mm bolts holding the rear skid on, and the bolts just couldn't hold up to the abuse. I rode a 350x without a skid, and my wife rode a 89 TRX250r without a skid we had no problems, but tryed to keep the sprocket & brake rotor from hitting the big stuff. I know we didn't miss all the rocks, but we didn't break anything. It did rain on our last day there, the huge puddle's didn't make the riding very fun, we loaded up & left early. The trails are labeled pretty good with colors. The colors were labeled according to how hard they were to ride on. I'm not possitive on the colors, but I think they went, Green (easy) Blue (Moderate) Black (Hard, or Will put you In the Hospital LOL).

Brauap
01-25-2009, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by trailhouseowner
First on the list: RAIN GEAR

Be prepared to dress in layers.

Weather is unpredictable.

You don't need rain gear! psh! (unless your some big frikin pansey or something.. :rolleyes: )

trailhouseowner
01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Jason Hall
About 9 of us got together and went down last year. We had a blast. It Is VERY rocky In certain spots of the Browning fork trail. We had a couple guys with YFZ's shread their skid plate's completly off. The YFZ has 6mm bolts holding the rear skid on, and the bolts just couldn't hold up to the abuse. I rode a 350x without a skid, and my wife rode a 89 TRX250r without a skid we had no problems, but tryed to keep the sprocket & brake rotor from hitting the big stuff. I know we didn't miss all the rocks, but we didn't break anything. It did rain on our last day there, the huge puddle's didn't make the riding very fun, we loaded up & left early. The trails are labeled pretty good with colors. The colors were labeled according to how hard they were to ride on. I'm not possitive on the colors, but I think they went, Green (easy) Blue (Moderate) Black (Hard, or Will put you In the Hospital LOL).

You are correct. But now they have Black and Black Diamond--Black Diamond is the hardest!

drgnerth
01-25-2009, 06:08 PM
It's a blast, but plan on getting muddy.

blacknblue#2
01-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Yes def plan on gettin muddy. I have been 6 years in a row. Plannin on making this 7. We always ride the rockhouse and always stay in Gilbert or Man. We go every year in may and it always wet. You may be wet for 5 miles of trails, come around a turn and be so dusty you cant see in front of you. I look forward to it every year. The ppl down there are great and willing to help with anything. Not much to do for the night life down there unless your a drinker haha.

hendershot106
01-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I LOVED THE HATFIELD TRAILS.... 6 of us went last november.. it was soo much fun.. i rode a 650 brute force... found every mudhole in site... the bearwallow trailhead is a blast.. it has two huge coal piles on it (whenever u see points of interest on maps find them!!!!) all kinds of hill climbs.... black diamond trails are awesome... i recommend the black diamonds and trail 93 on the bearwallow (the one above logan) its a blast...

SicRipp83
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
were going to the browning fork trail system