PDA

View Full Version : Its Official Now

extremeblastr
01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
well i decided to do something for real with my life seeing as i'm getting married here shortly, and ended up enlisting in the national guard, finished everything up friday and i'm headed off to boot camp on march 16th and already got deployment papers for afghanistan in january 2010.

ZeroLogic
01-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Good luck man, be safe. Thank you.

I would be damn near already finished with my training if I didn't have asmtha.
I'm just not good enough to die for my country.:ermm: :blah:

extremeblastr
01-24-2009, 03:22 PM
haha i thought i was gonna get screwed with the asthma thing to but apparently mine was just childhood cuz i took the test and i don't have it anymore :blah: but yeah i'm actually damn excited and your more then welcome its my home to brother

mxtuner
01-25-2009, 01:03 AM
Ive been thinking about joining pretty hard latley, but I cant get over not seeing my family and g/f. Anyone had this problem who has joined?

Kickstarts-suck
01-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by mxtuner
Anyone had this problem who has joined?

Is that a serious question?

Good luck man, be safe.

mxtuner
01-25-2009, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Kickstarts-suck
Is that a serious question?

Good luck man, be safe.

Ugh no its not serious thats why I asked it? :rolleyes:
Sorry I'm asking a serious question, maybe I just worded it wrong, But what got you over the fact that you aint gonna see your family for long periods of time? Or did you just think positive about it and join. Im gonna join just wanted some more input before I do.

rossignoldude81
01-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Missing your family isnt the problem, unless you were planning on living with your parents the rest of your life. its missing your significant other thats is the real problem. i just got engaged to me girlfriend, who lives twelve hours away. sadly you dont get paid enough in the military to dive a truck that far every weekend to see her. so if your really serious about this girlfriend you are worried about missing just go marry her and she can move with you and get all the health benefits you get. and maybe even some tuition assistance for college, not sure about that though.

<DRS>GPF
01-25-2009, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by extremeblastr
well i decided to do something for real with my life seeing as i'm getting married here shortly, and ended up enlisting in the national guard, finished everything up friday and i'm headed off to boot camp on march 16th and already got deployment papers for afghanistan in january 2010.

good luck and take care..

extremeblastr
01-25-2009, 07:07 AM
thanks for all the positive supports guys, and as for getting over not seeing my family and soon to be wife, it wasn't something i really worried about because as i went through the national guard my m.o.s is right here in my hometown :) but at first yeah i was a little troubled at the thought of leaving it all behind and i didn't want to ask her to leave anything behind her self which is why i chose the guard instead of active duty even though i still end up being deployed.

rossignoldude81
01-25-2009, 09:36 AM
good luck over there dude. my dad has been deployed numerous times since i was born. kosovo, afghanistan, iraq, sinai twice, saudi arabia. you will meet tons of cool people and have lots of great experiences.

dbc112
01-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Being older or 33.. I can say 1 thing.

Does these types of things now!.. Missing family will be replaced by memories of friends, training, and the overall experience. It isn't forever and in the grand scheme of things, it will be an AWESOME experience.