PDA

View Full Version : tire size ?

ned02
01-24-2009, 07:26 AM
my son's 90cc scrambler has 18x9x8 tires in the rear and I have a set of 18x11x8 tires laying around,can I put these on the quad without affecting anything such as power ,handling etc...?

dericsdad
01-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Yes, you can put them on, but yes, they will affect the power. They are most likely a lot heavier than the stockers, and its the weight that slows you down the most. Are the stockers worn out?

ned02
01-24-2009, 10:32 AM
They are getting close to needing to be replaced,I just had these holeshots laying around and thought I might have found a use for them but I don't want to cut down on his power. So I guess I will just wait awhile then find some tires of the same size.Thanks.

dericsdad
01-25-2009, 10:34 AM
I bet Many others on here have some like new take-off stockers they would sell cheap. otherwise check ebay.

nordic quad
01-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ned02
my son's 90cc scrambler has 18x9x8 tires in the rear and I have a set of 18x11x8 tires laying around,can I put these on the quad without affecting anything such as power ,handling etc...?
Check out this tread just put these on my sons Apex a great allround tire,not to expensive,and same as stock size,they are used on the Eton 90.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=376207

ned02
01-26-2009, 01:42 PM
Thanks for the reply's, those tires do look nice. I will have to do something about the tires soon,I knew my 9 year old was um...adventurous but after riding yesterday I find him to be insane, I would tell the kids to wait while I rode up or down a scary hill to make sure they could make it and I would get to the top or bottom to find the 9 year old right behind me on stuff that would make me pause. my 6 year old is the same and my 12 year old got all the caution(or common sense) that those two lack.I will look locally for some tires but if someone has some take offs here let me know, we mostly ride desert and then some forest trails in the summer.