PDA

View Full Version : Motion detector lights?

250rAL
01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Does anyone have a decent security light that WORKS? I'm on my third one now and I can't find one that works right. The one I have now either stays on all night and never shuts off til daylight or doesn't come on when you walk right under it. I paid close to $80 for it. Also they're supposed to go out to a 70' range and I'm lucky to get 15'. Tell me what brand you have.

quad2xtreme
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
I'll try to remember to look tomorrow. I know I got it at Home Depot. It is the only one that stays 1/2 powered all night long...until you walk within the motion detector and it goes to full brightness. I have this style on both corners of my house. My buddy put them on all four corners of his house.

RATPACK Z400
01-23-2009, 08:51 PM
try a getting one that have adjustible sencers .can adjust motion detections sensitivity.

mxduner
01-23-2009, 10:43 PM
yea i hate those things,sorta.just put up regular style lights and added a separate sensor.I think it costed like 13 bucks but you have a lot of choices where to mount it.that made me have to wire in a separate box. and the sensor at first stuck out like a sore thumb.i am use to it now but the thing only works about 25 feet away, but i gotta adjust it some more.

if the sensor goes out i just have to replace the sensor.my last sensor light went out and they discontinued that style light.plain light fixtures never seem to go out,knock on wood.good luck

Brad77
01-24-2009, 08:37 AM
I bought one from Home Depot. I got the cheapest one they had. It has a single quartz halogen lamp on it with a motion sensor. Cost about $20 and so far it has worked perfectly.

250rAL
01-24-2009, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
try a getting one that have adjustible sencers .can adjust motion detections sensitivity.

I think they all adjust. I have mine at full sensitvity just to get a 15' range. And this light sometimes stays on all night and other times won't come on at all. It's less than a year old and came from Home Depot.