PDA

View Full Version : new front tires

11-14-2001, 03:04 PM
I just got back in from riding and saw my right front was down, its got a big hole in it. anyone got any suggestions on what to replace the fronts with? i was runnin the stock fronts.

400exRacerX
11-14-2001, 06:51 PM
Try to plug it, or I would get some razrs.

trueblue450
11-14-2001, 08:04 PM
Yeah just buy a 2$ plug kit and plug the tire up and be done with it. Then save your money for something useful!

SGA
11-14-2001, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by cody99300ex
I just got back in from riding and saw my right front was down, its got a big hole in it. anyone got any suggestions on what to replace the fronts with? i was runnin the stock fronts.

If it was just low thats a small hole, a big hole would have been flat fast. you can plug it yourself or just run it down to the local tire store, they'll plug it for like six bucks. i'm gonna start carrying a plug kit & co2 tire filler on the quad soon. good luck

Tommy 17
11-15-2001, 02:58 PM
buy the holeshot xcts if they will fit they are like 6 ply u will never get a hole again. i have the xc rears and they haven't got a hole yet.

11-18-2001, 09:32 AM
if you cant patch up the tire buy the titan fast treckers in the front they are flat and make the bike more stable plus handle better buy the 22x8x10 they handle great plus u have flat rear tires so they will be perfect:D

4punksdad
11-24-2001, 08:38 AM
there are a few front tires I have considered as replacements.

#1) Maxis front pro
#2) kenda front max
#3) holeshot mx
#4) turf tamer fronts (as advertised by ronnie's mail order/dirt wheels)

but I agree with the other replies.........plug your slow leak & replace the tires when they are worn out.

trx400ex
11-24-2001, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 400ex21
buy the holeshot xcts if they will fit they are like 6 ply u will never get a hole again. i have the xc rears and they haven't got a hole yet.

ive got the 6 pl holeshot xc rears and ive blown them both out before,, then yesterday i was riding and now they both have 2 new holes in them,,,just wondering why in the magazines they say there bullet proof and all, i never had trouble with the stocks:confused:

Scott
11-26-2001, 02:24 PM
trx440ex: I thought the xc's were only 4ply? :huh
The XCT's are 6ply. That might help your problem with holes.

As for front tire replacements, I swear by pro-comps. Haven't seen anything else work better. Go to a hare scramble and I bet 90% of the quads have pro-comps on the front. Must work pretty well or people would use something else.

If your tire was just low, plug the leak, air it up, and save up to replace your tires when they're worn out.