PDA

View Full Version : heel guards..brain storming

trx250rider
01-22-2009, 08:55 PM
i have a 87 stock frame and want to fab up some heel guards for it.i just decided this today after i powder coated my frame about 2 weeks ago.i dont want to weld on my fresh powder so the mods would be to the guards themselve. does anybody know of a heel guard i can customize to fit this frame without touching the frame?ive been looking at old posts but it seems like there all for 88 and 89 style peg.

knobbyboy
01-23-2009, 09:18 AM
closest thing i have held up to mine is an old set of OEM Yamaha Warrior heel guards. They would need some unused tabs cut off but they are close. they are too high into the bottom of the fender on my AC nerf propegs but a friend was looking at them for stock pegs- they looked like they could work. he and I both have/had 86's. I recall that they looked like they could bolt to something on both sides without any welding.

Honda 250r 001
01-30-2009, 09:42 AM
your gonna have to take some 400ex ones and bolt them to your pegs. and then weld a tab on your frame to bolt them to. im thinkin about tryin this so if i do i will let ya know how it works.