PDA

View Full Version : This really bothered me

mod440ex
01-22-2009, 08:23 PM
i was listening to the radio earlier this evening and i heard them talking about this and it just about made me sick. it just kinda shows what direction this country is and has been headed in. PLEASE KEEP YOU REPLY CLEAN. i copied this from a site that i read it on.

A rather astounding statement was made a few weeks ago by an economic adviser to Barack Obama that went completely ignored by America's press: "I am concerned, as I'm sure many of you are, that these jobs [hopefully being created by government spending] not simply go to high skilled people who are already professionals or to white male construction workers."

Such was uttered by Robert Reich, the former Clinton Administration Secretary of Labor, during a January 7 House Democratic Steering and Policy Committee meeting attended by high-ranking Democrats including Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

Despite huge attention given this hearing from a wide range of press outlets not one mentioned Reich's racist comments (video and partial transcript below the fold):

ZeroLogic
01-22-2009, 08:26 PM
From me being a framer, that just pisses me off.:mad:

mod440ex
01-22-2009, 08:27 PM
its amazing that it was said several days ago and you hardly hear anything about it.

ZeroLogic
01-22-2009, 08:34 PM
Listen to NPR radio. You'll hear a lot of stuff you won't see or hear on CNN or MSNBC.;)

mod440ex
01-22-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah i listen to one of the am radio stations. i heard it on the savage nation.

Mxjunkie
01-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I guess that's why we have the term Greedy.. I'm thanking god for the recent Ice storms we have been getting, auto body is staying fairly busy but it seem's like all my friends are getting laid off. Just last week my friend was laid off along with 54 other people at a fab shop doing metal work.. Kinda sucks if you ask me.. :scary:

tri5ron
01-22-2009, 08:48 PM
the press is , and has always been predominatly liberal.
In no way are they going to stir up a hornets nest over their favored new president.
you will in all probability, only hear about it, on conservitive media.

but you can bet the farm, if it was the other way around, every screamin soapbox podium wannabe would be all over it.

dont hold your breath waiting to hear a peep, from Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Feinstein, or Pelosi, over this.

mod440ex
01-22-2009, 08:51 PM
found this on another forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opxuUj6vFa4&eurl=http://missouriwhitetails.com/forums/viewthread.php?tid=78113&feature=player_embedded

buck440
01-23-2009, 10:13 AM
my dad is a pipefitter local union 136 out of evanseville indiana and he has one of the most physicaly demanding jobs around and i can only imagine how much slack he would have to be picking up if some minority came around and just sat and complained all day, thats if they wouldn't lay him off in the first place.

mod440ex
01-23-2009, 10:20 AM
and if we think its bad now. i hate to see what its going to be like for my nephew and even my future kids someday.

troybilt
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
yeah, the worst is yet to come from wonder Boy... my close friends and my family own residential construction companies, two of which lost their jobs.... oh, and they are white, i guess that means they are not entitled to any stimulus plan.

Speaking of liberals... If your looking for a laugh, read this: I personally drive a diesel and thought if was funny.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481689,00.html

mxduner
01-23-2009, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by troybilt
yeah, the worst is yet to come from wonder Boy... my close friends and my family own residential construction companies, two of which lost their jobs.... oh, and they are white, i guess that means they are not entitled to any stimulus plan.

Speaking of liberals... If your looking for a laugh, read this: I personally drive a diesel and thought if was funny.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,481689,00.html haha... yep the good ole state of minnesota and its heavily populated tree huggers at it again.i love my state:mad:

troybilt
01-24-2009, 08:05 AM
I love your state too. I travel to Brainerd and stay at a lake house about every summer, on Pelican Lake. One of the most beautiful places I've been.

Goodluck with Al Franken... he's a real tool.

ridered11
01-24-2009, 09:10 AM
sounds like a nig rigged economic plan to me