PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a DS450

turbo j
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
I looked at an 08 hold over DS450 yesterday. I really like the looks of the bike. Could not tell much about the power and handling because I could only ride it in a snowy parking lot.

I do have one question though. The engine sounded overly noisy for bone stock. I understand that it is brand new but the motor noise was louder than the exhaust at idle.

Is this normal. What do I watch out for with this quad?

Thanks

bwkcobra03
01-22-2009, 02:19 PM
These motors are very noisey. This is normal.

hotshotgoal30
01-22-2009, 02:24 PM
had same concerns as you did when i loaded it onto my truck from the dealer. talked to three different dealerships all said the same thing. rotax motors are noisey but no known problems around my area when it came to them running. i have had none either. only problems are a few recalls in which they should do before you buy it anyways.

crixal
01-22-2009, 04:46 PM
ya, engine is very loud. everyone i've talked to said it's normal. i think the ds is a good choice.

turbo j
01-24-2009, 02:11 PM
Okay Thanks guys.

One last question. At the beginning of the 08 GNCC season some of the Can-Am riders were having mechanical issues. Do you know what they were and how to prevent them.

Thanks Again.

Flynbryan19
01-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by turbo j
Okay Thanks guys.

One last question. At the beginning of the 08 GNCC season some of the Can-Am riders were having mechanical issues. Do you know what they were and how to prevent them.

Thanks Again.

They had problems all year.

They were all over the board for the problems.... Some overheating issues, some broken trannys, and ALOT of just weird off the wall stuff. I'd wait another year before I bought one to see if they can keep one running at a pro level for more than one race.:(

DGS
01-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by Flynbryan19
They had problems all year.

They were all over the board for the problems.... Some overheating issues, some broken trannys, and ALOT of just weird off the wall stuff. I'd wait another year before I bought one to see if they can keep one running at a pro level for more than one race.:(

I would check your facts before stating that....ask Josh Frederick..
Reliable quad and handles great...you wouldnt be dissapointed with your purchase

VIGILANTE MAN
01-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Flynbryan knows the facts. The GNCC pro's that made the switch to the DS450 in 2008 had a less than great year.

Chris Bithell went from being ranked as 3rd to 12th. Chris Jenks went from 10th to 15th. Brent Sturdivant went from 12th to 22nd.

BlaineKaiser450
01-28-2009, 10:37 PM
me and Sage Baker are pretty good friends and his factory bike made quite a bit of noise so thats normal. He that he didnt really have any mechanical problems with his practice bike. Just usuall maintance. IF you have any other questions i could call him about them