View Full Version : Opinions / Sugestions on new quad

lawdog800
01-21-2009, 09:55 PM
I am sadly going to be retiring our team from Sno-Cross after this season. The Michigan economy has hit too hard and the costs are too much to continue. Once I am able to sell everything off this spring (Hopefully), I am going to look into a new or newer quad for myself to keep fun going with the kids. I will be using it for general play and trail riding, some jumps, but nothing crazy, I am too old for that. I currently have a 400EX and an Arctic Cat DVX400 that I share with the kids. My thoughts are this.........New Yamaha YFZ 450R, OR used YFZ or TRX 450 and add some suspension and other mods to make it a better XC quad...... Suggestions........I know the new 450R Yamaha is supposed to be nice, but a used with Fox or Ohlins suspension upgrades, wheel upgrades, a-arms, custom powdercoat (Pappy) ect could still be less than a brand new one...............I would have done a poll, but dont know how to set it up.....

SRH
01-21-2009, 10:05 PM
theres definetely deals to be found with the bad economy things just arent selling unless your 1500 bucks or less.....
that combined with a huge amount of rich kids offing there old race bikes for next to nothing at the end of the season has killed the market

i sold a brand new from the ground up complete walsh yfz for 5500..... hipers..the whole 9 , 15 minutes of running time on it...tricker than what some of the pros are on.... so yeah id go used lol...just be picky....

Pappy
01-22-2009, 02:29 AM
Like Billy said, there are so many killer deals around that unless you want NEW, then buy used. Billy's quad was showroom ready and sold at a steal due to his injury (I still say he is faking):eek:

Find something with all the bells and whistles and buy it cheap, then send it here and I will make it shine:cool:

lawdog800
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks guys........Is a YFZ better than a TRX oir vice versa????? I have always ben a Honda guy, but our Sno-Cross dealer that has supported us so well is a Yamaha / Arctic cat Dealer......I canget parts discounted at both..

Anyone have a bunch of money for a BIG trailer.......:D