PDA

View Full Version : new gen x hoods for drr

SMS
01-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Here is the new gen x hoods for the drr comes in black carbon fiber, and black and solid colors. We are ready to sell them!

SMS
01-21-2009, 08:32 PM

coffing918
01-21-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by SMS
HOW MUCH $$$$$$$$$$$$

SMS
01-21-2009, 09:19 PM
call me 866-345-5443

bulldogfallon
01-21-2009, 11:27 PM
How do they compare to the Maier hoods you had been selling?

The Gen-X hoods seems to be a lot more money...Is this still the case?

quadrider79
01-22-2009, 08:12 AM
Can you put it on a DRR, take pic, and post it here.

coffing918
01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by quadrider79
Can you put it on a quad, take pic, and post it here.
I HAVE ONE ON not on a drr tho NOT 100% SURE IF THIS IS THE NEW ONE-WE JUST HAD THIS QUAD BUILT.
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj88/juuey/1ANICKMAJORSSUPMIN.jpg

SMS
01-22-2009, 08:27 AM
The Gen x new hood is sweet it really is not even comparable Mairer in quality and neither are expensive really in the big picture of atv racing. They are more expensive but its like comparing a yugo to Ferrari it all depends on what you want. I'm working on putting it on the plastic in next few days!!! I'm really swamped so sorry if im slow to post!

SMS
01-22-2009, 08:37 AM
Retail pricing $109 solid color
metal flake is $139
carbon fiber $169

maddogmike119
01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the great comments on the Gen X hoods. By far we try and make the best on the market. All of our hoods come in any color you wish along with our metalic metal flake hoods. And of course the "Mack Daddy" of all hoods is our Carbon Fiber. Generation X tries to support every type of racer at all levels. You can contact Snyder Motorsports for all of your Generation X goods! See you all at the races.

quadnana7
01-22-2009, 07:36 PM
now those hoods are what I would call bling bling and everyone knows I love my bling. I'm sure any quad on the track will be noticed with one of the Gen. X hood. Maddog you do a fantastic job keep those great products coming
Shawn I loved the SMS on the hood great touch

maddogmike119
01-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the kind words. Been a tad busy the past couple of days I will try and call you tomorrow sometime. Thanks again..

tntauto1127
01-22-2009, 08:39 PM
I would like to see a side view of that hood on. Looks like it sticks up high from the front view. Looks good though. Thanks

ww228king
01-23-2009, 07:41 AM
OK... you guys can toss the rocks at me for asking this, but I have always wondered...
What is the purpose of the hood anyway... Is it just a bling factor thing or is there some sort of performance to adding this hunk of plastic on the front of your quad.
I have never really cared to much for them even on the bigger quads... if I wanted to have that mean nostril look...then i just bought a FULL BORE kit... I just personlly just can't see the $130+ on an added plastic that is half the size of the whole front plastics kit for the same price (MUST BE THE R&D THING AGAIN)... Sorry to bring this up, but this is a general conversation area of the forum and wanted to know why the money was spent on these...
Thanks
Jason

genxracer
01-23-2009, 08:25 AM
Fair question, no rocks from me. The main purpose for most machines is to cover the hole left after removing your headlight. The DRX has a huge hole left there where the headlight was. We thought about making something to block JUST the hole, but it looked a little cheezy. So we made a complete hood. Now not only does it block off the headlight but ,
#1 - it looks cleaner
#2 - good spot for number plate or sponsor stickers
#3 - the grill adds "bling"
#4 - there are about 50 different colors so you can get something unique that NOBODY else has.

The same argument could be made for graphic kits or billet gas caps but the hood serves a purpose for most models.

ww228king
01-23-2009, 08:28 AM
Ok..thanks That is what I was looking for... just trying to get the deep down info on the hoods... and thanks for explaning it here for everyone else..

Nichols Atvs
01-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Well when you factor E=mc % and divide the coherent by .0987 and the wind speed of relativity X 76.3 . and take in cosideration of the shape being 6 x 22 which = 99.9 .

AH---- H*ll ---its just the BLING FACTOR.

ww228king
01-23-2009, 08:30 AM
lol...ok that is a great formula....lol
will that formula work on the gas caps too..

genxracer
01-23-2009, 08:31 AM
LOL yea and i forgot to mention red stickers add 5 hp

Nichols Atvs
01-23-2009, 08:36 AM
Ya you can use that formula for anything even if the wife asks you to do something for her makes you look a little like you know something scientific about things . OH YA forgot about that sticker and the 5 hp. Scratch my bling factor comment!!!!!!!!

Nichols Atvs
01-23-2009, 08:38 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by genxracer
LOL yea and i forgot to mention red stickers add 5 hp [/QUOTE

That you George hows Sunny NJ today.

Heath Nichols

genxracer
01-23-2009, 09:32 AM
sunny....not so warm

quadnana7
01-23-2009, 10:49 AM
For those of you that are trying to make an issue of the bling factor there is not a single person thats racing at the National level brings a quad without some sort of bling chrome wheels, graphics, billet caps, chrome covers, chrome bumpers, chrome grab bars, frames painted different colors, cut plastic on the bikes, I could go on and on about different types of bling. Not a one of these things I have mentioned and there are a lot more has anything to do with the speed of the quad or the ability of the riders. So lets not make it an issue, just admit it we all love that bling in some way or another. If we didn't like our bling every quad would be brought to a race looking exactly like everyone else. Then we would never be able to locate our kids on the track because they would all look the same and trust me when you have 20 kids on the track it is hard trying to keep your eye on your child. On the DRR you either have to cover your headlight with tape , take it out and leave a gapping hole or put something in the hole to cover it (but if it looks good would that not be bling also) it would serve no purpose.

TO ALL THE CREATIVE PEOPLE WHO DESIGN THESE WONDERFUL PRODUCTS KEEP THEM COMING BECAUSE I KNOW I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT LIKES OUR QUADS TO LOOK GOOD.

This is just my 2 cents

:D :rolleyes:

jread14
01-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
I just recieved a pic on my cell phone of the new Generation X hood on a brand new 09 DRR that was red and WOW!!!! It makes the quad. I promise when you start seeing these on quads you will want one. I do want one. This is the best look ever for your quad. I bet these will be a trend and everybody will want one. You will see. Very Nice Hood Generation X ON TOP !!!!!

SHHHH!!!!! I thought I was the only one lucky enough to get that on my phone! HAHA!!!!! It does look killer!!!! It's a suprise so I need to zip it there...

travis rimmer
01-25-2009, 08:33 PM
like the hood but are these two guys that just posted pro cheerleeders,geez guys give it a break:rolleyes:

QuadJunkies
01-25-2009, 09:29 PM
WE have the GenX hood on my Daughters Suzuki and its def. great quality and is very slick!
Do they make them to where they are not a full sized hood? Seems like a hood I seen awhile back looks too big on the DRR,not sure who made that one ,maybe it was Maier.

bulldogfallon
01-26-2009, 03:25 PM
I LOVE SHAWN ...HE IS THE BEST!!! XOXOXOXO

:) :) :) :)

#404's Dad
01-26-2009, 03:41 PM
rOfLmAo!!!!

bulldogfallon
01-26-2009, 04:00 PM
My post is all meant in fun guys :) :)

We all have our own unique issues...My just happens to be that I am incredibly handsome and modest :)

Well I guess I blew it with that joke?

Would you believe tall, dark and handsome?

or maybe just short and "well rounded" ;)

Just thought I would have some fun today...

I really do like Shawn and what he does for the kids

He is great for the sport..we need more like him

Andyman17dad
01-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Rah rah rah sis boom bah, I got one of those phone pics too!!

I already had a hood on order though!! lol

jread14
01-26-2009, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Andyman17dad
Rah rah rah sis boom bah, I got one of those phone pics too!!

I already had a hood on order though!! lol

Oh shoot, You beat me too it!!!! I think that is the only cheer I remember!!! LMAO!!!

Gary you you trying out for the varsity squad this year or something? JK!!!

Sorry to get away from the topic on hand but I guess we all need a good laugh after a hard days work!

Keep em coming!

jread14
01-26-2009, 08:30 PM
Yeah didnt Bulldog say something about being short and well rounded... :D :D :D

Sorry Bulldog, I have to give you ***** because I know you are one of the few on her I know personally that can take it...

SMS
01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
here are some more pics took today

SMS
01-28-2009, 02:22 PM

SMS
01-28-2009, 02:23 PM
here is a carbon fiber

marsrace2
01-28-2009, 03:42 PM
Shawn, I have the previous style Gen X DRR hood on an APEX. Do you know if this one will also fit the Apex?

SMS
01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
i will check

bradley300
01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
the guy in the back ground on that first pic looks like a goofball:blah: :blah:

maddogmike119
01-28-2009, 07:09 PM
To answer your question if this 09 style hood will fit the Apex and it will. Those DRX hoods look great!

QuadJunkies
01-29-2009, 12:01 AM
I like the Carbon fiber one ALOT ..!!:eek: :cool:

#404's Dad
01-29-2009, 08:01 AM
I asked on another form but got no reply, how much weight does this add to the quad?

They look nice and I'd maybe like to run them on our bikes but not if it adds a couple pounds or so to an already too heavy front end.

Somebody please let me know, Thanks

genxracer
01-29-2009, 08:32 AM
I just put one on the scale..... 11.5 oz

the mud on your fenders will add up quicker than that.....or one less trip to McDonalds:D

#404's Dad
01-29-2009, 11:04 AM
Ok so 11.5 oz, not as bad as I thought it could have been really, I may consider buying a few for Trevor's bikes but not sure yet, Its hard to shave the weight and expensive too so I'll have to get over the whole adding back weight thing first lol.

As for mud adding up, not so much in TT racing really. These DRRs are already too heavy up front and adding even more weight is/was a concern of mine although its only 11.5 oz that's nearly another full pound to place up front just for "Bling", We'll see maybe.

As for adding Bling Toby, I myself really don't add anything simply for "Bling", On a DRR the aftermarket bumpers are lighter than stock by far and adding Nerfs does add weight but it out weighs that with added safety.

Toby, what do YOU think of these new hoods? :)

#404's Dad
01-29-2009, 11:34 AM
Well CORY I thought I explained myself on these hoods many times go back and read my last post maybe you didnt get to see it to ask such a question like YOU did. OK Im waiting on mine to get here if that tells you what I think about GENERATION X HOODS. All you guys want to argue about this hood well just look at it like this "Buy one put it on your quad dont tell your kid and take a pic of their face when they see it and post it the kid will tell it all on their expression of their face" Then it dont matter what weight,now remember only 11.5 oz its NOT even 3/4 of a pound. 16 oz's is a pound it could be looked at like "its just over a half pound". We race flat track and yes you collect at least 11.5 oz's of dirt on the quad after all said and done. I know I have to clean the quad so no one will tell me different. But again IMO:D :D :D Generation X ROCKS THATS MY OPINION EVERYBODY IF YOU DID NOT KNOW!!!!:devil:

LMAO!! I was being sarcastic as you have made it plenty clear to us that you LOVE the hoods AND Shawn!!

11.5 is closer to 3/4 of a pound than it is to a 1/2 pound but no matter.

1/4 lb = 4oz
1/2 lb = 8oz
3/4 lb = 12oz
Full lb = 16oz

Not sure who all is arguing here but count me out of that equation, I just wanted a weight but am now sorry I asked, sore subject I guess? I dunno but I got what I wanted ( the actual weight ) and I appreciate it greatly now I can decide if I want to add weight just for Bling or not.

Peace :)

genxracer
01-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Weight is a popular question we get. Oddly enough , we've had more people ask for a heavier more durable hoods to outlast bumping or crashing or what ever.

At the same time, when Dunk was on the suzuki he raced a few TTs and they requested a lighter hood just for the TT quad. We made one with Kevlar that was about 4 ozs. It was a potato chip but TT guys dont have to worry about the roost you get on an MX track or XC trail. If you have a special request.... color, weight, machine?.......dont be afraid to ask us on the web site.

#404's Dad
01-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Well all I can say is you sound really jealous of Shawn as many others are. I cant help but stick up for the person doing our motor. Hes IMO the best out there. And another this is about Generation X Shawn just has the first hoods. Wouldnt you like the guy that built your motor to smoke everyone else on the field? Cory dont have HOOD ENVY LOL!!!! PEACE:D

I am just about speechless at this ridiculously stupid comment you just made right here Toby.

I am just going to consider the source here and walk away, best thing I can do imho.

Corey

XXX -rider
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
amazing thread .. sort of reminds of being at a track ..:D

& all for, about a part that does lil to next nothing !!..&
has signicant cost involved

I honestly would to know if all persons who buy these
have the very best safety equipment for there rider .. & if the machine is top condition etc,..I know personally some will barter over such things shocks ..

marsrace2
01-29-2009, 12:51 PM
cant we all just get along:) :)

but seriously, I have the previous Gen-x Hood on an apex and it looks great, much better than having that big hole where the headlight was, heck since we race flat track maybe the Aerodynamic benefits outweight the extra weight:D

#404's Dad
01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
I think that Gen X products are very nice, we have a 450R here with one of their hoods on it and I have seen them on several bikes, no question its nice stuff, I myself never stated that it was not and that was not my intention in this topic either.

backinsaddle
01-29-2009, 01:43 PM
gotta agree with the some of the others. Bling is useless to me. give me good mechanicals and forget about the rest. I'm more of a "sleeper" kinda guy.

Nice looking hood though

#404's Dad
01-29-2009, 05:12 PM
Corey I just wanted to say sorry if I took thing the wrong way. I guess it rubbed my shoulder wrong. Again Im sorry. You have been a real nice guy to me and your post I read it several times before my post so I guess I was steamming. Your a great guy and we should not be arguing on the forums. SORRY MAN!!! I hope you accept the appoligy. Toby

No harm no foul Toby, I understand things easily get taken wrong on the internet, Happens to all of us at one point or another.

maddogmike119
01-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Can tell you this:

Generation Xatv products is still excepting resumes for the 2009 season. It might be worth the email!

JIM GRACE
01-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Does anyone have a pic of a green or blue one, should look cool
with race trimmed fenders. big fan of bling BTW.

01-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Mike I love the looks of the Generation X Hood. I didnt mean to erase the first post. They are very nice looking and should make our quad stand out in a crowd of hundreds. It will be the highlight at the races and at the atv show, Thanks again Mike, Toby

SMS
01-29-2009, 11:27 PM
no all I have is metalic silver and carbon at this point sorry mike can you get a pic of them

maddogmike119
01-30-2009, 08:49 PM
Jim Grace send me an email and we can talk.

JIM GRACE
02-01-2009, 08:27 AM
e-mail sent.

hey dads post your pics as you get em mounted up.

02-01-2009, 08:48 AM
Will do, We cant wait to recieve ours. Its going to give us the best look we could of ever have. Thanks to Generation X. Im into the Bling.