PDA

View Full Version : Needsome help please

logangsxr998
01-21-2009, 06:41 PM
I am thinking of getting a LTR. I am not that familiar with the LTR's because my last 2 quads have beeen hondas. Now I just need a decent quad to do locals with that I won't have to do much to. My question is what is the biggest difference between the 06,07, and 08? Is there any power difference? Any info would be great.

Drewltr450
01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
No power difference really. Very minor things were done form 06 to 08. I would recommend get an 06 model they have the least amount of problems. And are pretty much the same as the 07-08 models.

andiboy123
01-21-2009, 08:39 PM
i read somethig about the tranis braking its that true or what is the real problem?

quad59
01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Actually there are alot of differences from 06 to 08. The 06's are known for breaking the case around the shift pin behind the clutch basket. Its not a big deal they make relocator bracket for it and its a 70 dollar part and about 1.5 hrs of your time. It was more common for people who ten to land a jump with there foot on the shifter or stand on it when transfering weight around. The 07's have a harder casting of case but still need the bracket, there were less reported breaks on those models. 08's have a different cam and slightly higher compression I think it was 3 percent more power across the board, they came with an antivibe stem, coated shocks for less heat build up, revised shock valving ( softer than 06 or 07), traction control type feature. Some of the 08's are blowing 3rd gear, but that is mostly the people around here who are really hard on there stuff. Some of all years will get the tranny wine, you need to put 2 full quarts of oil in the bike every oil change .5 in the motor and 1.5 in the tank. I had on 06 and an 08 my 06 had 90 moto's on it when I got rid of it on the stock motor and I never even had to adjust the valves. I always changed my oil twice a month and the swirl tank filter twice a year. the 06 never let me down. The 08 I only got a half season on but never had a problem with it. Most of the people I saw having trouble with ltrs did not take care of there equipment ( never washed it, never changed the oil, never changed the fuel filter,)

Acello
01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
I would get the 08 if I were you.