PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Exhuast

hondariderdylan
01-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Im looking for exhuasts for my 250 and i was wondering if anyone could put some input in as far as sound levels go

i know there are a bunch but i dont really identify with a decimal level
i wouldnt know how loud is if you told me

if your wondering why i want it quiet, i have a few pissy neibors that hate quads already and they dont think twice about calling cops

any input would be great

BlasterEaten250
01-21-2009, 09:56 PM
Nothing will be close to stock. Pipes to stay away from-HMF, Pro Circuit T4, Sparks, old Big Gun's, FMF powercore IV
Somewhat quieter pipes- White Brothers E-series, FMF megamax, Big Gun's with a quiet core, and if they make them for the 250ex, FMF's Q series or Pro Circuit type 496.

hondariderdylan
01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
yea
i wish the type 496 was made for the 250 but its not

but thanks for the input

also, do you know about the white bros E2?

BlasterEaten250
01-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Did they make those for the 250? I think you can get a quiet core for it that should bring it below 96...

hondariderdylan
01-25-2009, 08:42 AM
i saw them for a while in dennis kirk but they wernt in the last one

im not sure if they still make them becuase i believe that white bros. got bought out

not sure

im looking at the yoshi RS-3 aswell

hellshot00
01-26-2009, 09:16 PM
i have the fmf powercore 4 slip on and b4 i tore out the guts it was not a loud pipe at all i bought it with quiet core insert and i have a few pissy neighbors as well and it didnt both them at all even wen i messed around on icy driveway at midnight. It sounds better though don't get me wrong but its not exactly louder and adds a well used power gain.

hondariderdylan
01-27-2009, 06:13 AM
ah
thats on my list now when i get some $ this summer

oh yea
how does your K&N filter work?

hellshot00
01-27-2009, 07:37 PM
oh like a charm a lot more air flow and a slight power gain as well. Easier to clean then the stock filter. K&N all i do to clean it is spray some mean green or some cleaner on it rinse it off let it dry toss it back on

hondariderdylan
01-28-2009, 06:31 AM
cool

thanks

BlasterEaten250
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by hellshot00
i have the fmf powercore 4 slip on and b4 i tore out the guts it was not a loud pipe at all i bought it with quiet core insert and i have a few pissy neighbors as well and it didnt both them at all even wen i messed around on icy driveway at midnight. It sounds better though don't get me wrong but its not exactly louder and adds a well used power gain. Yeah see that surprises me because my cousin had one on his predator and it was really loud. Guess it vary's by machine somewhat though

hondariderdylan
01-29-2009, 04:40 AM
yea his was probably louder becuase it was a big bore

i did find out that the white brothers have gone out of buisness

hellshot00
02-08-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Yeah see that surprises me because my cousin had one on his predator and it was really loud. Guess it vary's by machine somewhat though

Well mine was also bought with the quiet core insert maybe his was not? Im not sure but yeah your also prolly right bout the machine variation also the 250s have those tiny litttle headpipes the predator has a dual head pipe if i remember corectly