PDA

View Full Version : What jetting? 30 degrees

Jersey450R
01-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I have an 05' with the HRC cam, open box, uni filter, and a 170 main. About 25-35 degrees around here lately and about at sea level;maybe a tad higher. I have my white brothers A/F screw 2 1/2 turns out and it seems to run ok but i think i can get more out of it. It dosent seem to be as fast in the cold weather. Motor is fresh...stock piston/HRC cam. Would my valves be to blame? IDK, should i go up on the main jet? adjust my fuel screw? Or maybe its just me...

Thanks, Jersey.

jpfmotors
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
well i can only help by telling you what i am running and what my buddys running both quads rip i have a 05 with full pipe hrc needle 3rd clip 2.5 out on screw and a 185 main with no air box lid it is running a very little rich but its ok for me i am ice racing so it stays clean does not stall or anything
My buddys 05 hase stock exhaust with hrc tip needle 3rd clip hrc cam 2.5 out on srew and 185 main with hrc air box lid, my set up is a bit faster even though i do not have a cam it has been 20-30 degrees here, if your bike ran good in the fall then i would just trie to go up on just the main trie like a 180 because your bike runs leaner inthe cold wheather well i hope that helps