PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Flooring?

XCAdam89
01-21-2009, 01:51 PM
We just bought an enclosed trailer and the floor is just plywood for now. I want to do something with the floor first off all, but I want it to look good and be durable.

I've heard of using bedliner coating, but that could get expensive IMO. It seems the majority of people use the stick on linolium tiles, but I've heard horror stories of those peeling up as well.

Any suggestions?

Rich250RRacer
01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
I've used regular linolium flooring (not the stick on tiles) in both of my trailers. You can get it in the black and white checker board style, or check with a flooring store for a remnant big enough if your not picky about color. It doesn't even have to be glued. Just run staples down the edges, put a shoe moulding down the sides and a metal flooring strip on the end.

TWISTED
01-21-2009, 04:27 PM
I did tile in my big trailer, and wouldn't do it again... When the trailer flexes it causes it to buckle and crack, and it also adds right much weight also....... My new trailer will just have a painted floor.......

quad2xtreme
01-21-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by TWISTED
I did tile in my big trailer, and wouldn't do it again... When the trailer flexes it causes it to buckle and crack, and it also adds right much weight also....... My new trailer will just have a painted floor.......

same here...paint only...when I get around to it.

brian76708
01-21-2009, 05:02 PM
what about trying some garage epoxy paint.

icepreddy
01-21-2009, 05:08 PM
my racecar trailer has diamond plate on the floor. it's sweet. hard to clean though. It would be expensive but i bought all the diamond plate at an auction. About 10 4x8 sheets of aluminum diamond plate for a hundred bucks.

TWISTED
01-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by icepreddy
my racecar trailer has diamond plate on the floor. it's sweet. hard to clean though. It would be expensive but i bought all the diamond plate at an auction. About 10 4x8 sheets of aluminum diamond plate for a hundred bucks.

Do you feel guilty by chance???? You should, cause you stole that stuff..... I'd love to find a deal like that......

ricksmx865
01-21-2009, 07:05 PM
racedeck.com

Their floors are sick, they are like 12x12 tiles that snap together and are removeable.

I'm looking at that option for my trailer, price is a lil salty tho

XCAdam89
01-21-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I've used regular linolium flooring (not the stick on tiles) in both of my trailers. You can get it in the black and white checker board style, or check with a flooring store for a remnant big enough if your not picky about color. It doesn't even have to be glued. Just run staples down the edges, put a shoe moulding down the sides and a metal flooring strip on the end.

This is the route I think I'm planning on. It seems pretty watertight as well if done right.

Is there a place online to buy those snap together tiles?

Moto49X
01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Diamond plate...

JJs450r
01-21-2009, 08:26 PM
that good lookin, wish i could come across some diamond plate cheap

Rootar
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
im still debating between linoleium or hurculiner...... im leaning towards hurculiners because i can go a foot up each of the walls and it really seals everything off great so you can just hose it out and not worry about water getting to any wood

XCAdam89
01-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by Rootar
im still debating between linoleium or hurculiner...... im leaning towards hurculiners because i can go a foot up each of the walls and it really seals everything off great so you can just hose it out and not worry about water getting to any wood

If you go that route, be sure to grab some pictures. My only concern would be water getting beneath the liner around the edges of the floor..other than that it seems like a solid idea.

Rootar
01-22-2009, 11:21 AM
no thats the best part of the liner you just roll it on the floor and then right on up the walls, no seems at all, no way for water to get under, and it adheres exceptionally well to wood, my brother uses it all the time for waterproof speaker boxes for their muddin quads..... the linoleium is the only one to worry about getting stuff under....

Raptor68
01-22-2009, 02:36 PM
http://www.allmats.com/site/439205/page/669648

This is what we have in our 7x14 enclosed trailer. It's one piece and seamless, which is nice. We have the ribbed version, which makes it really easy to sweep out dirt and sand, plus the quads dont slide much at all. We also took the leftover piece and ran it in the opposite direction (the ribs are going horizontally) on the trailer door, which help with traction when the door is wet/slick. I like it a lot...we purchased a 8'x20' roll a few years ago at Menard's for $99.

wolfpack91
01-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Our trailer has blue bed liner on it. It was sprayed about 2 inches up the walls so that it can be sprayed out. I LOVE IT! It's easy as heck to clean and looks sweet too.