PDA

View Full Version : Flexx Bars

SRC7
01-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I have an 06 Honda 450r. It has a stock steering stem. I have Cycra alloy probend hand guards. The quad is set up for XC racing. I am looking into getting a set of Flexx bars. I have two questions...

1) What bend is best?
2) Do I need to do anything to the stock steering stem in order for the Flexx bars to fit?

Thanks for the input.

icepreddy
01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
as far as the bend goes thats all rider preference. as far as bar size the flex bars will ahve the size in the catalog. i also think the flex bars are adjustable with the different rubber inserts.

bryishre
01-21-2009, 08:08 PM
you got to have 1 1/8 bar mounts if not you need to get them. As for those handgaurds you need the brp flexxbar mounts or the handgaurd hitch by fasst co to work with the wrap around gaurds.

ccdhowell
01-22-2009, 05:34 AM
My flexx bars are Quadracer High 12 degree bend. Most seem to run the 14 degree bend, but I like my wrists a little straighter so I went with the 12 degree bend. Honestly it's tough to tell them apart. You definately want the Quadracer bars because the lower mount bar is narrower which makes room for the top bars to be longer which makes mounting the throttle, master cylinder, clutch perch, etc easier. The High bend is preferrence, and would depend on what type of 1 1/8 adaptors you use, the low bend would work with taller adaptors. I use 2" Rox risers on a stock stem, cool thing is that with this setup I've flipped my quad several times and the bars bend with the risers all down to the tank and the steering stem hasn't bent yet. The BRP mounts for your handgaurds are a must, can't do it without them.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-22-2009, 08:23 AM
How tall are you. This help when recommending a bar bend. As stated you will also need an 1 1/8 adapter to make the flex bars fit your stock stem.

SRC7
01-22-2009, 12:05 PM
I am 5'5".

Who makes the 1 1/8 adapter and where it the best place to get it from and I can get the BRP mounts from Fasst website directly?

Thanks for the info so far.

bryishre
01-22-2009, 06:15 PM
Yes you can buy the brp mounts from fasst co or from brpmoto. Just about anyone makes there adaptors. As far as the best place to get them i would shop around to see who has the best price and check shipping out also so have the part low price but the shipping high as all get out.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-23-2009, 08:19 AM
I would use the 3/4" rise 1 1/8 adapter. We sell them for $42. I would also use a ATV 14 degree bar. that should be a comfortable bar height. We sell the flex bars for $299