PDA

View Full Version : Time for a change? Help me out please..

Flyin-Low
01-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Well I haven't been on here in a long time, but I knew the best place to go for help with a decision like this.

I've reached the limits of my 450 and it's just not keeping up to me anymore (not trying to sound badazz) so I decided to change it up. Now here's the thing: should I drop money like crazy into it, or go out and buy a new KTM 450sx?

I've done the math and found out that it's about the same price to trade my TRX in and get the KTM as it is to put Houser LT MGC aarms, Evols, Podium rear, extended axle and new nerfs on the TRX.

What do you all think is the best choice?

Not the best pic, but it's the most up to date one I have:

Tommy 17
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Heres my only advice...

What bike do you feel most comfortable on. Because your only as fast as you can comfortably go. Will you feel safer and faster on a 450r with long travel and its erogomics or the ktm stock. Only you can make the decision.

Also do you want a 2006 or a 2009 or 2010 model thats your call.

hondaking52
01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
well with fixin up ur 450r you will have a veryyy good suspension setup and other new parts, but on the other hand the ktm would be a brand new quad with good parts, and they are just BAD A**!!!, i would probly get the ktm, just to have a new quad, and the hydro clutch's are soooo nice..

BlaineKaiser450
01-20-2009, 06:37 PM
fix up the 450r. I know people with the KTM and its a good stock bike, but compared to a built one, its not great

XCRacer236
01-20-2009, 07:20 PM
get the KTM. heard and read so many good things about them its ridiculous. the stock hp is just insane as well. new quad, plus the hydraulic clutch are also awesome bonuses.

the new Yamaha YFZ450R is a good one to look at as well.

feuerstack411
01-20-2009, 08:57 PM
Just by reading the title, I thought this would be another Obama thread

J//FLY
01-22-2009, 10:11 AM
you cant ride a bike in the winter.

Ruby Soho
01-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by J//FLY
you cant ride a bike in the winter.

he means the ktm450 quad

1socal450
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
If you will be spending the mod money all at one time,get the KTM.You will have better technology,a FRESH,FASTER motor,chromoly chassis etc.etc. I myself enjoy building my own creation over time and thats why I opted for the new YFZR over the KTM,those were my two choices.My key words were OVER TIME,spending money here and there.If you are going to spend all at once,get the KTM.You might even consider saving money and buying used components for your 450R,theres alot of good stuff out there.

patrickj75
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Having owned a Honda 450R and now owning an '08 KTM 450XC (I know, not an SX) I'm glad I made the switch. The technology they put into the KTM's is great. Its the little things that you don't see until you work on one that make you see they're worth the money. Great brakes, suspension, reliable motors with great power. The ergos are a little different than the Honda but I'm getting more and more comfortable. With the SX you could add a slip-on, stabilizer and numbers and be competitive.