View Full Version : GBC Mudshark questions

capecod400ex
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
I'm looking at a set of used mud sharks that have about 10 hours on them for 75 bucks for both. My questions are is that a good deal,How will these work for genral trail riding, gravel pits, sand hill climbing and such. Anyone have any feed back that has . actually ridin or used these?

Thanks

sportbikeridr
02-11-2009, 09:06 PM
for starters the price is ok... next what ply are they ? 4 or 6 ply ? they r a heavy tire your gonna need alot of get up n go to spin them... i had them on my 400ex and well they bogged down my quad, like i said .. heavy... i would recommend Maxxis razor r2's these work for me wether trail,hillclimbing , or whatever ya dish out ... but then u will hear other pepoles opions on whats the best tire to use... it all depends on your personal perferance and also what kind of budget ( cash flow ) u r willing to spend ..

RATPACK Z400
02-12-2009, 07:17 PM
I had them on my Z and there awesome long lasting tire still have pair 4 years later with lots of tread,if you really into hillclmbing too heavy but trails you,ll get though mud & rocky terrain the best! got mine for $90 a tire then,good deal for $75.

BlackRaptor
02-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I had a set on my raptor when I had it, and I hated them to be honest. They provide great forward traction but offer very limited side bite. And as others had said they are very heavy. Its a great deal but I wouldn't let that be my only set of tires.

honda400ex2003
02-22-2009, 08:26 PM
I run them on my 400 if i am in muddy conditions. I just regear to a 14 front from my 15 and I am good to go. I have not ran them with the 416 to see but when it was just 400 i would do it. I like them alot for the muddy rocky terrain. I would say they are sortof like a paddle in sad and stuff since the threads run must of the way across. they work decent in the snow too. I would say buy them for the price if you don't like them resell them. Steve