View Full Version : 2007 sportsman 500

stogies44
01-20-2009, 11:30 AM
new to forum and need some help. Got my quad super stuck and it took a Ford f350 and a chevy dually to pull it out. (will attach pics when I get home)
Well I broke my right front retaining ring and was going to order the parts from a place on line. My question to you all is do you think this is a do it yourselfer job? I already have it apart but just can't see giving it to the dealer and paying over 400.00 for what looks to be easy work.
below is the parts I will be replacing, let me know your opinions on if I should attempt this with a min to average mechanical skill set. The ring retainer broke in pieces when I couldnt hold the wheels straight any longer with the tension from both trucks. Please help out the new gus if you can

RING-RETAINING, SHAFT
CLAMP-LARGE 76.5 MM
GREASE,30G BTB
BOOT,KIT FRONT (WHEEL SIDE)
BOOT, CV JOINT
CLAMP-SMALL 25.0 MM

stogies44
01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
anyone, anyone, I am in a jam here going camping for a week and don't have the money to pay the dealer, should I do this or what. You guys know a lot about quads I need your help

stogies44
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
here is the pic of my stuck quad that took two trucks to get out.

stogies44
01-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the help guys! What a great site :ermm: I guess its only for those that are "in the know"

Good to see people out there still wanna help a felloe rider from getting raped at the dealers :rolleyes: