PDA

View Full Version : hrc jet kit and harness?

exrider12
01-20-2009, 09:45 AM
Im going to get the hrc jet kit and need to know if it comes with a pilot or leak jet whatever its called. And is the hrc harness worth it?

01-20-2009, 10:17 AM
the harness does add some, but instead of spending the $$$ on the harness, you can just cut the green wire on the cdi. the only difference between the hrc cdi and the stock one is that the hrc does not have the green wire.

to do this, look under your hood...facing the front of the bike, the cdi will be on your left, there are 2 "boxes" to it. on the left most box, you will find one green wire. that is the wire you cut. i chose to cut it and put ends on it so i could put it back together if need be. i never did.

as far as the hrc jet kit goes, i am not sure what all it contains as i just bought a bunch of jets, the needle from a crf 450r(04 or 05 i think, but don't remember exactly) and i got the leak jet from magic racing...

exrider12
01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
Alright i looked under my hood and the cdi is in the middle. There are 3 plugs that go into it. They all green wires coming out of them.So do i cut the green wire on the plug all the way on the left?

quad2xtreme
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
Im going to get the hrc jet kit and need to know if it comes with a pilot or leak jet whatever its called. And is the hrc harness worth it?

HRC kit comes with everything you need except for valve shims. I lucked out twice though and never needed to reshim the valves.

exrider12
01-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Im talking about the HRC JET kit. not the whole kit.

Jersey450R
01-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
the harness does add some, but instead of spending the $$$ on the harness, you can just cut the green wire on the cdi. the only difference between the hrc cdi and the stock one is that the hrc does not have the green wire.

to do this, look under your hood...facing the front of the bike, the cdi will be on your left, there are 2 "boxes" to it. on the left most box, you will find one green wire. that is the wire you cut. i chose to cut it and put ends on it so i could put it back together if need be. i never did.

as far as the hrc jet kit goes, i am not sure what all it contains as i just bought a bunch of jets, the needle from a crf 450r(04 or 05 i think, but don't remember exactly) and i got the leak jet from magic racing...

the green wire is only for 06's and up right?

01-25-2009, 11:15 AM
yes, only for 06 and up

Dave400ex
01-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Anyone know the part # for just the harness?

exrider12
01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
Honda Part Number 32101-NLZ-610