PDA

View Full Version : little sahara

brow7586
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
anyone know when snakehunt is?

cjkranz
01-20-2009, 11:40 AM
Its always the first weekend after Easter.. April 17th - 19th (Friday thru Sunday)

ohsobad_chevy
01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
If you plan on attending, I hope you have reservations.......it is PACKED!!!

danhung11
01-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
If you plan on attending, I hope you have reservations.......it is PACKED!!!

Reservations sometimes don't even do it, you must prepay for the private campground or they will sell your spot. It's getting crazy down there. :devil:

cjkranz
01-28-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by danhung11
Reservations sometimes don't even do it, you must prepay for the private campground or they will sell your spot. It's getting crazy down there. :devil:

As far as I know you have always had to prepay for the LSPS spots.

danhung11
01-29-2009, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by cjkranz
As far as I know you have always had to prepay for the LSPS spots.

We came out on the gaining end. ;)

There were some pissed off folks who showed up late. :o

superx2
01-31-2009, 10:30 PM
their is some bad ***** stuff that shows up for snake hunt but the sand gets so ruff it hurts to ride. i usually go butt i think i am going to go spring break this year 3/20 -3/22 i think. i know it will probably be crowded but hopefully not as bad.

cjkranz
02-01-2009, 04:56 AM
For the past several years it is busy EVERY weekend from early March till June..

cbrooks118
02-02-2009, 07:18 PM
so do i understand this guys post correctly?

I have campsot reserved and paid for, for snakehunt. My reservation is from Tuesday - Sunday, however i wont be able to make down until Friday night. The previous post suggest that LSPS might try to sell it out from under me? Would Lance do that? I have never had a reservation for snakehunt before, but have never had any problems with a reservation in the past.

what do you think Jason?

cjkranz
02-02-2009, 07:43 PM
If the spot has been reserved and paid for Lance won't re-sell it..

cjkranz
02-02-2009, 07:45 PM
brooks, beside Snake hunt, when are you going down this spring?

cbrooks118
02-02-2009, 09:09 PM
we will be there sometime in spring break. Then after snakehunt, we go sporadically when time and money permits until it gets too hot.

we break for summer and return usually in october - late november sporadically

cjkranz
02-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Anyone going down this weekend? The weather isn't looking too bad. Let the dune season begin!:D

cmmick
02-05-2009, 03:15 PM
our trip this year will be March 18-22. We'll roll in on a Wed. I have never had trouble getting a spot on a non-event weekend. Will it be the same for this week?

ohsobad_chevy
02-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by cmmick
our trip this year will be March 18-22. We'll roll in on a Wed. I have never had trouble getting a spot on a non-event weekend. Will it be the same for this week?

Shouldn't have any problems getting a spot.

danhung11
02-06-2009, 05:13 PM
A seed has been planted for us to go down Snake Hunt, we will see when that time arrives. I have a buddy that never been that weekend and wants to get the taste. :devil:

Who all is going to Snake Hunt?

scuzz
02-09-2009, 03:34 PM
I went the week before and stayed at the Sand Rat - nice people there but it was nasty. I had a 400 then and have a 700 now but no one to go with...ah well.

$50 /night for two port-o-potties filled with crap and clothing because there wasn't any toilet paper.

No thanks.

cbrooks118
02-11-2009, 09:30 PM
cjkranz, yall been out to syracuse yet?

ive been wanting to check out some different dunes, but am hesitant after checking out the website, seems like all the pics are of the same hill.

Ive been thinking about trying to hook up with some people from our area that go to glamis or st anthony's, but havent made the leap yet.

cjkranz
02-12-2009, 06:44 AM
I haven't been to Syracuse yet because..

1. its over 1 hour farther then Waynoka
2. Not any good camping areas at the dunes yet (with water and camper electricity)
3. still breaking out new areas and I don't want to drive my quads through sage brush
4. the dunes, from what I have been told and seen, appear to be smaller then Waynoka.
5. Several of my friends have been, only once, and didn't have any intentions of going back..

As for Glamis, there is some in our group that goes over Christmas..

danhung11
02-12-2009, 05:18 PM
There is a member on here...docbones. He usually organizes trips to Glamis for cheap. I think they rent semi's or something to haul quads then fly out to Arizona and drive down. It's pretty reasonable, however I have never been.

Do a search for his screen name and pm him. He is a good guy to deal with.

One day... ;)

yernkie
02-13-2009, 02:15 PM
I went to Syracuse last Sept, rode for 1 hour, then packed up and headed for Waynoka. IMO it isn't worth it. No big dunes, one main trail, lots of sagebrush, and the restrooms/showerhouse was "broken". Just my advice, but don't waste your time.

ohsobad_chevy
02-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by yernkie
I went to Syracuse last Sept, rode for 1 hour, then packed up and headed for Waynoka. IMO it isn't worth it. No big dunes, one main trail, lots of sagebrush, and the restrooms/showerhouse was "broken". Just my advice, but don't waste your time.

I thought about checking it out, but your the third person that has said that it is not worth going.

yernkie
02-13-2009, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ohsobad_chevy
I thought about checking it out, but your the third person that has said that it is not worth going.

I know a lot of people from this area that have gone out to Syracuse and within an hour have headed south to Waynoka.

cjkranz
02-14-2009, 07:47 AM
I have heard that over and over again.. they reportedly had the chance last year for a shop(s) setup like waynoka, with investors, but the locals evidently didn't want that.. I couldn't imagine the city of Syracuse would keep puting $$ into the place only to be going into the hole deeper.

TAXMAN420
04-04-2009, 07:42 PM
cjkranz - nice to see your posts over here too.
We are going to snake hunt, leaving the 15th. Two weeks ago, we called the sandrat - they said "no problem". We called back two days ago and added a truck & trailor with no problem.

cjkranz
04-07-2009, 11:48 AM
Good deal! We may try to come down for Saturday only on snake hunt, just to see the party..