PDA

View Full Version : This thing is cleannn

Cr85rRida
01-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Where the Banshee's heart came from right?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/mcy/998914918.html

01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Those are some fast mofo bikes. lol.

The banshee engine basically is that same engine. For some reason though they had powervalves on the rz's and made different non-powervalve cylinders for the banshee.

Damn government regulations:mad:

pro-rider46
01-19-2009, 10:20 PM
i think yamaha made a rcv or rz 500 something,

that bike is really clean, id love to own one

wilkin250r
01-19-2009, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by DMC-4OOEX
Those are some fast mofo bikes. lol.

Yes and no.

They were fast back THEN. By today's standards, they're pretty slow.

Kinda like the old HEMI engines and old muscle cars. When they first came out, they were the fastest and most powerful thing around. But that was a whopping 200hp, which is peanuts by today's standards. Heck, an Toyota Camry comes with more horsepower than that, and it's an economy comuter car, not a muscle car.

The old RZ350 was pumping about 40-50hp. Not much, by today's standards.

01-20-2009, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Yes and no.

Kinda like the old HEMI engines and old muscle cars. When they first came out, they were the fastest and most powerful thing around. But that was a whopping 200hp, which is peanuts by today's standards. Heck, an Toyota Camry comes with more horsepower than that, and it's an economy comuter car, not a muscle car.

The old RZ350 was pumping about 40-50hp. Not much, by today's standards.

True, but it's also the way the power comes on and the fact it's a 2-stroke.

That 55hp (I looked it up) feels MUCH faster then a 55hp small 4-stroke motorcycle.

Modern 600's will walk all over them, but the rz's are still pretty fast and fun.

Not to mention cheetah cub cylinders bolt onto it:devi

EDIT: I would like to know where you got 200hp from? A Hemi back then was WAY more then 200hp. They were somewhere in the 300's I believe. But the torque was WAY up there in the 400's, 500's. Actually I was watching horsepower a while back on TV, and they took a stock 426 hemi, blue-printed it to stock specifications, and ran a crank dyno and it came out like 600 something horsepower. Granted that's blue-printed to PERFECT specification's and tolerances, that's still pretty high and car manufacturer's actually told the government false ratings so they can get away with making it. Weight hindered car's performance back then.

907Rider
01-20-2009, 02:44 PM
True, but it's also the way the power comes on and the fact it's a 2-stroke.

That 55hp (I looked it up) feels MUCH faster then a 40hp small 4-stroke motorcycle.

Modern 600's will walk all over them, but the rz's are still pretty fast and fun.

Not to mention cheetah cub cylinders bolt onto it:devil:
The fun factor on a 2stroke is way more. Even a "slow" 2 stroke is funner than a 4 stroke.

greenblood01
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I believe the legendary 426 Hemi was said to be far under-rated at 425 hp, which is what the new 6.1L Hemi is putting out in the SRT8 Charger, Magnum, and Challenger.

The RZ would be a fun bike to own, or better to collect. However, I would rather have a Kawasaki H2 750 Triple (widow maker). :)

pro-rider46
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by greenblood01
I believe the legendary 426 Hemi was said to be far under-rated at 425 hp, which is what the new 6.1L Hemi is putting out in the SRT8 Charger, Magnum, and Challenger.

The RZ would be a fun bike to own, or better to collect. However, I would rather have a Kawasaki H2 750 Triple (widow maker). :)

those h2's are sick. i heard off of the showroom floor in '72, they ran a 12.2 second quartermile, stock!

1fastR
01-20-2009, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wilkin250r
[B]Yes and no.

you know (zero) about muscle cars!!!

BlaineKaiser450
01-20-2009, 06:41 PM
OMG LMFAO you guys are N00BS when it comes to muscle cars!!! A 426 Hemi was never actually dyno tested. Most people believe they were around 550-600 HP STOCK!

01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
OMG LMFAO you guys are N00BS when it comes to muscle cars!!! A 426 Hemi was never actually dyno tested. Most people believe they were around 550-600 HP STOCK!

Noobs? I'm the first one to call him out and the first one to actually mention WHERE I got my facts from.

Yes it WAS dyno tested:rolleyes: Horsepower TV.

BlaineKaiser450
01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Noobs? I'm the first one to call him out and the first one to actually mention WHERE I got my facts from.

Yes it WAS dyno tested:rolleyes: Horsepower TV. not in 64-72 it wasnt. and i read your post wrong. Hes the noob lol

greenblood01
01-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by pro-rider46
those h2's are sick. i heard off of the showroom floor in '72, they ran a 12.2 second quartermile, stock!

A guy at Kirksville Yamaha-Honda (where I used to work) just picked a blue one up. It is wicked!!

K-Dub
01-21-2009, 12:04 AM
To a degree he is right. Now Im a 426 Hemi nut since I was about 6 years old. I have motor manuals from 62 through 75 that show the HP ratings for the big three from there smallest engine to thier biggest big block. A 426 street HEMI was rated at 425 gross horsepower (noted I said gross). The highest hp rating was an 454 LS7 @ 470 hp gross. These are taken at the crank, and are what the manufactures gave the government for offical ratings. Now the new Hemi a 5.7 liter is rated 345 net horsepower at the rear wheels. And the 6.1L HEMI is rated 425 net at the rear wheels. They changed from gross to net around 1974. 425hp gross = around 370hp net. Dont have the direct conversion with me at work. Also you lose on an average of 50hp at the rear wheels versus at the crank. So to a point he is right, he just took it a little over board. Cause at 425 gross converted to net = 370 and - 50 for drive train thats leaves you 320 net at the rear wheels. Higher than his 200hp rating still. Just think what the old elephant could do with todays technology. Dodge also makes a new 392 ci HEMI (dont know if they sell it yet there is talk of it only being avalible in the new Challengers) that puts out 525hp net at the rear wheels. I said new because there was a 392 HEMI in the late 50's also. In 1968 Dodge and Plymouth made super stock Darts and Barracudas. These had special 650hp gross HEMI's stuffed in them. The Dart has the fastest production speed record for the 1/4 mile to this day at 142mph. Nothing been built faster in the 1/4 off the showroom since!

trick450r
01-21-2009, 08:15 AM
The Dart has the fastest production speed record for the 1/4 mile to this day at 142mph. Nothing been built faster in the 1/4 off the showroom since!

bugatti veyron- 1/4 mile- 9.0 at 143.6
ssc ultimate aero- 1/4 mile- 9.90 at 144

sorry pal.

01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by K-Dub
To a degree he is right. Now Im a 426 Hemi nut since I was about 6 years old. I have motor manuals from 62 through 75 that show the HP ratings for the big three from there smallest engine to thier biggest big block. A 426 street HEMI was rated at 425 gross horsepower (noted I said gross). The highest hp rating was an 454 LS7 @ 470 hp gross. These are taken at the crank, and are what the manufactures gave the government for offical ratings. Now the new Hemi a 5.7 liter is rated 345 net horsepower at the rear wheels. And the 6.1L HEMI is rated 425 net at the rear wheels. They changed from gross to net around 1974. 425hp gross = around 370hp net. Dont have the direct conversion with me at work. Also you lose on an average of 50hp at the rear wheels versus at the crank. So to a point he is right, he just took it a little over board. Cause at 425 gross converted to net = 370 and - 50 for drive train thats leaves you 320 net at the rear wheels. Higher than his 200hp rating still. Just think what the old elephant could do with todays technology. Dodge also makes a new 392 ci HEMI (dont know if they sell it yet there is talk of it only being avalible in the new Challengers) that puts out 525hp net at the rear wheels. I said new because there was a 392 HEMI in the late 50's also. In 1968 Dodge and Plymouth made super stock Darts and Barracudas. These had special 650hp gross HEMI's stuffed in them. The Dart has the fastest production speed record for the 1/4 mile to this day at 142mph. Nothing been built faster in the 1/4 off the showroom since!

Here's exactly what I was saying..

That's what the company gave the government as far as ratings. The companies actually gave the government lower ratings then they actually made for lawsuit reasons. While it still isn't like 700hp, they were actually a little bit more then 425

wilkin250r
01-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow, I was just trying to make a point, I didn't realize that I was going to be busted by the Mopar-police. Everybody jumped on my case.

Let me clear the record. Perhaps I should not have said "HEMI", because that was a specific designation. Chrysler coined the term "HEMI" in the 60s because of the hemispherical head design. But they had hemispherical heads several years before the 426 Hemi came out, called the FirePower (and if you don't know the firepower, you have absolutely NO grounds to question my knowledge, so go suck an egg).

They were Chrysler engines with hemispherical heads, and were pushing about 200hp, thank you very much!!!!

BlaineKaiser450
01-21-2009, 10:44 PM
Wow, I was just trying to make a point, I didn't realize that I was going to be busted by the Mopar-police. Everybody jumped on my case.

Let me clear the record. Perhaps I should not have said "HEMI", because that was a specific designation. Chrysler coined the term "HEMI" in the 60s because of the hemispherical head design. But they had hemispherical heads several years before the 426 Hemi came out, called the FirePower (and if you don't know the firepower, you have absolutely NO grounds to question my knowledge, so go suck an egg).

They were Chrysler engines with hemispherical heads, and were pushing about 200hp, thank you very much!!!! much better lol

907Rider
01-21-2009, 11:57 PM
Not to mention cheetah cub cylinders bolt onto it
Now thats something I'd like to see (and ride:devil: )

K-Dub
01-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by trick450r
bugatti veyron- 1/4 mile- 9.0 at 143.6
ssc ultimate aero- 1/4 mile- 9.90 at 144

sorry pal.

Never heard of either of those cars? Who makes them? Did they sell 501 of each in the USA, that is what is required to be considered a production car. If they didnt sell that many then there not considered production. They become one offs or speciality cars and or super cars.

I did a search and according to wikipedia they cost $1.5 million. They only sold in 05-5, 06-44, 07-83 bugatti veyron's built that is a far cry from the 501 they need to have a run at the production record Im talking about. The 500 number was setup by the NHRA and NASCAR in the 60s to keep factorys from making one offs or limited production cars for racing. I did a google search and I cant even find a dealership listed to where I can walk in the showroom and see or buy one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bugatti_Veyron#cite_note-24

Now for the SSC ultimate areo. SSC stands for Shelby Super car, I wasnt talking super cars here, Im talking cars you or I can or could buy. According to wiki they are producing 25 SSCs. Sorry pal but that doesnt qualify for the record either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSC_Ultimate_Aero_TT

DMC

I agree with you totally. But we can not prove it as fact, the only hp rating on record is what they produced to the government and insurance companys. Chrysler was suppossed to be the best at this game. I have a 68 340 4 barrel, it was rated at 275 horse gross, but I have read numorus articles that it put it over 350horse from the factory. Can I prove it no.

Pappy
01-22-2009, 02:26 AM

Wilkin, its the "You dont know **** " crowd as usual. We need to get Tampon to sponsor this site.

wilkin250r
01-22-2009, 03:34 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
We need to get Tampon to sponsor this site.

LMAO! If only Victoria Secret could come out with a line of bunch-less panties, this wouldn't happen.:D

K-Dub
01-22-2009, 03:51 AM
Im not jumping anyone. lol Just showing off a bunch of useless knowledge.

Hey the Firepowers came in 331, 351, and the old 392 as I mentioned in my previous post.